What's new

Saga Cheese is going away next month

Not sure how many "cheesys" are in the forum or how many even know about the Saga brand blue/brie cheese.

The Saga brand was bought by Arla of Denmark and they announced that they would be closing the Muskegon Michigan factory in December (2012) that was built just to produce the Saga blue/brie cheese and eliminating the Saga brand after being around for the past 30 years

http://www.perishablenews.com/index.php?article=0024197

I wanted to get to the Muskegon cheese factory when we were on vacation but the weather turned too cold to travel that far north into Michigan so we took it off of our "to visit" list for this vacation.

Saga has been one of my favorite soft cheeses for a while and I will miss it once it disappears.

proxy.php

Sad indeed. There needs to be more cheeses like that not less.
I enjoyed some Morbier and Shropshire cheese today.

I am a cheese fan. Huge cheese fan.

Wonder how long last years youtube about Saga will remain after they close the facility

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how many "cheesys" are in the forum or how many even know about the Saga brand blue/brie cheese.

The Saga brand was bought by Arla of Denmark and they announced that they would be closing the Muskegon Michigan factory in December (2012) that was built just to produce the Saga blue/brie cheese and eliminating the Saga brand after being around for the past 30 years

Perishable News - http://www.perishablenews.com/index.php?article=0024197

I wanted to get to the Muskegon cheese factory when we were on vacation but the weather turned too cold to travel that far north into Michigan so we took it off of our "to visit" list for this vacation.

Saga has been one of my favorite soft cheeses for a while and I will miss it once it disappears.

proxy.php
I was addicted to saga blue cheese and could not figure out what happened to it and finally, 11 years later, I found this. Why can’t they make it? They sold a lot of that cheese because it was frequently sold out at large stores. Please bring the cheese back!

Top Bottom