What's new

Sadest Day In My Short Pipe Smoking LIfe

Forget the retribution stuff. There are more fish in the sea and more pipes in the stores. Move on--things will look better if you keep your eyes on what's in front of you.

Forget the retribution stuff. There are more fish in the sea and more pipes in the stores. Move on--things will look better if you keep your eyes on what's in front of you.

Solid advice. Vindictive thoughts and actions are never healthy. Staying positive will diminish the effect the unpleasant person was trying to achieve. Were rooting for you, man!

Oh NO! Not the Tinsky!!!

I guess you just have to chaulk it up to experience... (an expensive lesson, but I think we all learned something)..

Now to go and get a pipe safe installed in my house..

Thanks for all the positive responses. I have been viewing the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" for a couple months now. Had planned on first week in June so I could organize, pack, and move. Now unpacking I'm sad to see even my few unopened packed away in moving boxes backys were discovered and taken :~( A few items did however make it through the front line. I think because my rest was in it's original box and other misc items were in match boxes they were untampered with. Even the little airplane bottle of grain for cleanings was dumped and bottle left for me :rolleyes1.

$Barstow-Victorville-20120524-00863.jpg

I am not willing to accept pipe donations at this time. Want to wait a little while and see how things play out.

$Barstow-Victorville-20120524-00865.jpg :nonod:

Thanks, all

Last edited by a moderator:
Solid advice. Vindictive thoughts and actions are never healthy. Staying positive will diminish the effect the unpleasant person was trying to achieve. Were rooting for you, man!
I'm with you! She had the gall to text me because she threw all my brushes, soap mugs, and other bathroom essentials into trash can. I hastily grabbed whole can to transport and she requested it back. It was left on her porch with a few other things that did not belong to me this morning.

When men get aggressive during a separation they usually go after the boyfriend or such. It's no more right, but at least it makes sense. I just don't understand why for so many women a breakup=TEAR UP HIS S@#T!

Either way, sorry about the bad situation. I don't know the details but if I was local I'd gladly buy you a beer. Since that's not an option I'll try & see what tobacco I can rustle up around here. What were your favorite blends/styles?

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I would document everything that you find out is missing, and any invoices you may have in your in your email etc. It may be helpful at some point down the road.

Any chick crazy enough to do this is crazy enough to lie to police. I think the best way is to keep doing what you are doing, scoop up what you can and get the heck out of Dodge.

Commander Quan makes a good point about documentation, never hurts to save texts, emails, and write down everything.

Bummer. The first bit of advice from my divorce lawyer was to get my golf clubs and other toys out of the house before telling her I was leaving. At this point, even if she still has your pipes and they haven't been damaged it may be cheaper to replace them than to go through the legal maneuvers.

Have you thought about going to the police so that you can get your stuff back? If not, I am pretty sure there is a law against destruction of private property that she is guilty of...

Seanmckay
I was forced to call them 2:30 AM Wednesday morning when I awoke to loud sounds of my belongings being tossed into front rock garden and dumpsters outside. This was sparked off because I had grown tired of numerous eMail notifications of pending FaceBook friend request. I accepted all of them and a majority was from coworkers some of whom were in their 20's. Go figure? I had thought of "unfriending" her but thought that may set off sparks. I now found myself standing outside locked out in only my boxers. I had to request police assistance. After they arrived I was told to take only what I needed for the night. Unfortunately for budgetary reasons I drive a motor scooter and left my beloved pipes and tobaccos. The agreement was that the bulk of my personal effects would be left in garage so I could easily obtain yesterday. I borrowed a van from work yesterday morning thinking it would be back in an hour. Then found garage code changed and no one would answer door. Had to wait almost two hours for police to arrive. With their presence door finally opened. They basically said I would have to take it up in "civil court" for compensation of my pipes and tobaccos. Not worth time and additional aggravation. Gonna let "bygones be bygones".

When men get aggressive during a separation they usually go after the boyfriend or such. It's no more right, but at least it makes sense. I just don't understand why for so many women a breakup=TEAR UP HIS S@#T!

Either way, sorry about the bad situation. I don't know the details but if I was local I'd gladly buy you a beer. Since that's not an option I'll try & see what tobacco I can rustle up around here. What were your favorite blends/styles?
Any. never know till ya try ;~)

Any idea what she did with all the stuff? Really is sad mate, sorry once again.
All jars opened and backy dumped into toilet. Pipes MIA.

I would document everything that you find out is missing, and any invoices you may have in your in your email etc. It may be helpful at some point down the road.
I do have almost all tobacco and pipe receipts. Honestly want this to be the end of the road with her.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Still document everything. I realize that it's only stuff, and while it's your stuff it can still be replaced. The documentation could could be helpful in a year from now when you are trying to prove that she was unstable and you had every reason to leave.

View attachment 246072

Hope this helps ease the pain of your loss.
Not knowing your tastes, I put together this sampler from my stash;

~Cavendish- my stand by smoke
~ Twisted Pete flake- mildly sweet straight
~ Highland Whiskey-the name says it all
~Capital Choice flake- Hints of vanilla
~Champagne- danish cavendish, a little sweeter than regular cavendish
~Truffles- too sweet for my liking, but maybe not for yours

The truffles may need a little humidification
Will be in my mailbox headed toward you tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
bnalley

Wow, I now have a reverse feeling from when I first saw my empty jars :cheerful:

Thank You

Last edited:
Glad I could help out. These are blends I get from my local tobaconist, 'The Pipe & Tobacco Shop'. they've been in the pipe buisness since 50 years or so. Only stipulation is that you post your reviews of each as you try them.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom