What's new

Sadest Day In My Short Pipe Smoking LIfe

Because of the forum pipe that was displayed and offered I got bit by the "pipe bug". I have been enjoying smoking Aro's, Va's, and especially English blends during the past few months. Got my self a couple wood bottom MM cobs, two petersons, a Stanwell, Freehand Nording, Tsuge (exclusively for Aro's), the forum Mark Tinskey, and added a couple Forever Stems for my MM's. I am in the middle of a not so pleasant move that I have been eagerly looking forward to. This morning I went to retrieve the bulk of my personal belongings and found my Little Dot tube headphone amp in the front rock garden, ALL sixteen of my tobacco mason jars empty, and all my pipes MIA. The cold hardhearted tobacco waste left me without breath or speech when it was discovered. All my pipes gone has me still shaking my head in disbelief.

:cursing:

OK, now this is just wrong; if I'm understanding correctly. Who in the world would steal someone else's tobacco and pipes? What is this world coming to? A lot of people need an attitude adjustment man, except in times like these you want to adjust their attitude with a crowbar!!

Ouch...am I correct in assuming that there was a rather angry woman involved, or was it something else?
I should have not done what I thought was right by indicating I was going. I should have just done as I ultimately did today by showing up with a van, loading all I could, and driving away. Giving her advanced noticed simply allowed her to "put the screws to me" the best she could :~( The female persuasion simply do not handle rejection very well IMHO. She dumped the jars to make a point and simply hurt me. I hate wastefulness.

There are 4 things I care about in this world:

My pipes / tobaccos
My guitars / gear
My music collection
My family / friends

EVERYONE knows those are the four things of mine not to mess with. The rest can be replaced, those cannot. Not to sound all 'gangsta', but there would be hell to pay if anyone destroyed those things.

Not cool at all. I can assume you are left with no pipes at all? If so, PM an address and I'll hook you up with one from my rotation. Cleaned of course.

I should have not done what I thought was right by indicating I was going. I should have just done as I ultimately did today by showing up with a van, loading all I could, and driving away. Giving her advanced noticed simply allowed her to "put the screws to me" the best she could :~( The female persuasion simply do not handle rejection very well IMHO. She dumped the jars to make a point and simply hurt me. I hate wastefulness.

She still has no right to destroy your property and steal your pipes. Women get away with so much childish behavior. I'm sure if you did anything half as bad you'd be hauled away in the back of a squad car.

Sorry to hear of your challenges. I've found that insecure people can really get petty. The seemingly best way to deal with them is to completely avoid/ignore them, depriving them of the attention they seek. Hey, now you get to reset your collection from an educated standpoint :D

Just let the BS slide off. Sounds like you've already taken the correct action with a bugout. Good luck to you, man, you've still got B&B.

Not cool at all. I can assume you are left with no pipes at all? If so, PM an address and I'll hook you up with one from my rotation. Cleaned of course.
Giving the fact I dumped all my available funds into the move I may take you up on that. Let me give it a week or so in hopes she has my pipes stashed and comes to her senses that theft is wrong.

She still has no right to destroy your property and steal your pipes. Women get away with so much childish behavior. I'm sure if you did anything half as bad you'd be hauled away in the back of a squad car.
I never cursed, raised a hand, did any thing malicious. Silly as it may be all my woes with her started last fall when I finally got back to work. Work=mucho time away from home. So me wanting a hour to myself (pipe smoking) a few times a week was unacceptable behavior. So during the past month I would load a bowl and walk in the desert.

I never cursed, raised a hand, did any thing malicious. Silly as it may be all my woes with her started last fall when I finally got back to work. Work=mucho time away from home. So me wanting a hour to myself (pipe smoking) a few times a week was unacceptable behavior. So during the past month I would load a bowl and walk in the desert.

Off topic and probably politically incorrect but...

After my divorce I started dating again with a whole new perspective, not to settle until I found the RIGHT woman for me. Over the past 8 years I have had 3 relationships, and probably gone on well over 150 dates with 70 or so people in total. I'm just an average guy, work an average job and live an average life, but MOST people I have dated are completely messed, (or maybe it's just me as I seem to be the only common denominator). My last relationship cost me over $300K, and we had only been together 18 months. Possessive, insecure, codependent people seem to be the norm, jealousy runs rampant. It really is hard to find a person that one can jive with on all levels.

Things will get better mate. If it will make you feel better message me, I've got some good stories for you that will make you count your blessings and I'm sure cheer you up.

you are truly a gentleman. I can spare some tobacco for the cause, I've had my fair share of very angry post-breakup females.

Sorry to hear about the loss. People do stupid things to each other in anger. At the end of the day though all that was lost is replaceable and over time will be.

Have you thought about going to the police so that you can get your stuff back? If not, I am pretty sure there is a law against destruction of private property that she is guilty of...

Seanmckay

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Yeah, agreed. Ask her to give back your pipes; if she doesn't or says she threw them away, tell her you had X $ invested in those pipe and you'll get the authorities involved or take her to small claims court. Just because she's hurt over the breakup doesn't mean she can act like a crazy B and get away with it. Put the screws to her and hold her accountable for her actions. The next guy in her life will thank you.

Top Bottom