What's new

s. r. consortium

okay. I've been doing this a half year or so. I have tried to find information I cannot find. I have looked for things that cannot be found. badger and blade came up during many searches for information. I've been taking notes and trying to put it all together and I'm just throwing ideas out there. this is a hobby that's in its infancy. as old as it is it's not a very big hobby, yet. let's change it, get everybody saving the planet one shave at a time. surely there is enough people to start something? no idea what but somebody needs to start something and have a place to refer people to where there are people pursuing the same journey

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve already found what you’re looking for.

A year ago I came across B&B while googling how to get rid of razor burn and ingrown hairs. I got myself a DE and started getting better shaves. One day I started looking at the pictures of straight razors and thought they were absolutely beautiful. True works of art some of them.

Six months ago I was PIF’d a straight and have never looked back, while getting better shaves than I ever thought possible.

All thanks to B&B.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Let me ask a question: What are you envisioning that’s different from Badger and Blade? I ask because I’m not sure what you’re really talking about regarding a ‘consortium’.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@neiasden, a very bad idea. Just think of what that would do to the price of SRs!

We should be discouraging people from wanting a SR. I do my best but, due to my SR addiction, sometimes relapse into encouragement.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
No need to proselytize. The truly chosen, will come. And yeah when I can no longer get vintage Bismarck #2 for $60 or Union Spikes for $10, demand is getting too high, with too many razors in the hands of the uncalled.

When I start selling off my razors and want prices to go up, you can start bringing in the fresh meat.

Something tells me what you're invisioning might have the possibility of spending way too much money on shaving hairs off of one's face. Careful.

No need to proselytize. The truly chosen, will come. And yeah when I can no longer get vintage Bismarck #2 for $60 or Union Spikes for $10, demand is getting too high, with too many razors in the hands of the uncalled.

When I start selling off my razors and want prices to go up, you can start bringing in the fresh meat.

Exactly how I feel! Seriously, go with gold dollar and not vintage! Vintage is a crap shoot, you never know what you'll get into. And that is true I'm not lying!

I always It’s best that we keep this to ourselves. There aren’t many old razors and rocks left to go around.

Yeah. It’s best that we keep this to ourselves. There aren’t many old razors and rocks left to go around.
that's what makes collecting collecting. if nobody's wanting them what's the point? the more people wanting something the higher they pay. people restoring these wanting to sell them have no chance of even bothering to do it if everybody wants$10 razors.

pick a week, any week, and 20 Wade and butchers will come spikes are more common than that. if you don't get new people into the hobby it will fade into obscurity. have to get new people wanting them so there's a ne
Let me ask a question: What are you envisioning that’s different from Badger and Blade? I ask because I’m not sure what you’re really talking about regarding a ‘consortium’.
I'm probably not saying it right

I think my initial post summarizes it. this is a forum, and it's a great one. but it's a forum. parts suppliers are parts suppliers, not much of a forum for helpful hints LOL my point is I found it by accident and if something needs found by accident it should be some place that puts the forms with the suppliers and with the eBay sellers and antique dealers and anybody else anybody can think of to add to the consortium and have that many more tools to use. so this is a forum. where do I order washers at? and if I want to watch instructional videos if you tell me to go to YouTube that is ambiguous at best and who knows how good the info is. so my thinking was along the line of making it easier than going a thousand directions. it was nothing more than an idea for a suggestion

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
@neiasden, you are assuming that "collectors" are into this for the money. Almost no collectors are collecting for possible future financial gain, be that shaving gear or any other sort of "collecting".

The only reason that I can see for any sort of "consortium" is to possibly make it easier for those who wish to get or are into SRs (the fools) to find what they are looking for. Part of the enjoyment of collecting is the hunt.

Top Bottom