Are these Russian produced Gillette blades
GSB
Perma Sharp
Nacet
7 oclock yellow
7 oclock green
Platinum

Are there anymore?

Gillette is transitioning some of their blades from Russian manufacturing to India and China so things are up in the air.

There are 2 7OC greens. One is Russian ( Super Stainless ) and one is Indian ( Permasharp Stainless ).

Rubies
Sputniks
King C Gillette ( have seen reports now made in China but you might could still find NOS )
Minora

I'm sure I'm missing some.

Blades made in the Russian plant but not labeled 'Gillette' at different times:

Wizamet Super Iridiums
Polsilver Super Iridiums
Asta Superior Platinum ( I have Indian manufactured Astra SPs as they are showing up on the market )
Astra Superior Stainless ( I am waiting to hear if these are being made in India now )

B

Barney14

Gillette is transitioning some of their blades from Russian manufacturing to India and China so things are up in the air.

There are 2 7OC greens. One is Russian ( Super Stainless ) and one is Indian ( Permasharp Stainless ).

Rubies
Sputniks
King C Gillette ( have seen reports now made in China but you might could still find NOS )
Minora

Wizamet Super Iridiums
Polsilver Super Iridiums
Asta Superior Platinum ( I have Indian manufactured Astra SPs as they are showing up on the market )
Astra Superior Stainless ( I am waiting to hear if these are being made in India now )
Many thanks

I like the Sputniks too. Bought a 100 pack last year. Hard to find them now and if you find them, be prepared to pay a crazy price.
I think I'm down to about 35 of them. Luckily The Red/Gold Permasharps work about as well for me and I have a good supply of them.

B

Barney14

I have purchased a tuck or two of Russian produced Gillette logo blades to supplement my GSBs

Perma Sharp
Nacet
7 oclock yellow
7 oclock green
Platinum
Minora
Rubie

With the quantity of blades I have now will take me to 80 years old

lasta

Blade Biter
GSB: Production seems to have stopped for a year or two now, maybe it will come back later.
Perma Sharp: Not meant for countries sanctioning Russia, likely still made.
Wizamet: Sames as Perma Sharp, I have some late 2022 produce, other members have posted 2023, so still made as usual.
Nacet: Same
Rubies: Russian domestic brand, likely no change.

Rubies
Sputniks
Minora

Wizamet Super Iridiums
Polsilver Super Iridiums

Ivan found these Indian-made Astra Stainless online. Packaging language is Indonesian
1703218708920.png

1703218912696.png

B

Barney14

For me, the St. Petersburg blades all range from ‘good’ to ‘GREAT!!’ :thumbup1::thumbup1:

My personal favorites:
GSB
Wizamet SI (or Polsilver)
Astra SP
Nacet

And must say that I am currently enjoying the Gillette platinums!
I have only purchased ones with the Gillette logo on the tuck, so no Sputniks or Astra

Looking forward to trying a variety of Russian Gillettes in the 7OC

Top Bottom