What's new

Ruger just put out their first Marlin

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It looks great. Not a caliber I’m interested in. But when they come out with a new 336 in 30/30 with alll of these upgrades, I could be a buyer. Even though I’m not a Hunter, I still take my 50 year old 336 to the range every now and again. It’s one of the most fun rifles.

Nice, glad to see them coming back. I really doubt that I will be purchasing one, as I have I think 11 in the safe right now. I would like to see a return of something like my dad's old 336SC (sporting carbine) in 35 Rem. and the 39a, 22 LR. Of that 11 I was able to luck into a couple of extremely nice 39a Mounties, and a 1894cl in 32-20 which was new on a rack at Gander Mountain before they closed.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

MSRP $1400. Yikes!
What a coincidence! My son just sent me that article. Even though he already has a Marlin 45/70 he intends to get one of these. He is single and doesn’t have to explain the necessity of it and it makes perfect sense since he has reloaded a lot of 45/70 ammo.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What a coincidence! My son just sent me that article. Even though he already has a Marlin 45/70 he intends to get one of these. He is single and doesn’t have to explain the necessity of it and it makes perfect sense since he has reloaded a lot of 45/70 ammo.
Yes, I might actually be able to convince my lovely War Department that this is a necessary expenditure.... Singleness has it's advantages....tho if I were single I'd probably be dead, and most likely unable to afford one of these.... BUT! not having to justify one's purchases every single time one opens his wallet would be nice..... but as was said in the "Geritol" commercial years ago, "my wife, I think I'll keep her."

If she ever browses on here I am a dead man my friends!

Top Bottom