What's new

Rubberset 49-4 Restore

Oh yes, I managed to get one at last from the states take into account, the handle had some wood cracking around the ferrule. But I did remove a lot apart from two that was to deep.

This is how it arrived last week here in the UK

1.jpg

So I set to removing the old knot as it was to far gone, then a sanding all over to remove the dry coating that seems to have gone like a powder.
Very fine sanding of the knot ferrule then a Polish, then recoat the wood in Danish Oil and building the coats up until it has a glass-like shine. Then repaint the lettering and install a new Boar knot 24mm and reglue the ferrule back on now the wood has an all-over seal coat.

Now this is the end result A Rubberset 49/4 back in use, I will let you know how well it performs later on today

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Here is an update on the brush used today let it soak for 5 mins to hydrate the new knot, and then loaded up Wholly Kaw Spice Route just to clean the knot and here it is with a lather and after while its still wet.

5.jpg
6.jpg

Overall a fantastic brush that was worth saving and a good one to restore I'm well happy with it...

You have a lot more patience than me. I reknotted one similar to that and tried to get the wood part to look better without near the results. Congratulations on a beautiful brush.

Top Bottom