What's new

RR razor recommendation

As already mentioned, I believe you would like the Lupo 95. Close shaves with a tad bit of blade feel. I find it much smoother than the R41 and I can use it daily where the R41 is just a little much for daily shaves.

Tried the GC 84 but hated it. Not very efficient and has a weird cap/base lock down…not the standard pin and slot design. I just didn’t like anything about it really, but they do get lots of praise here.

Last edited:
Initially bought GC.68 and used it daily but felt it was not getting close enough. Then bought Lupo.72. I can shave daily with this head, and I do. I then bought .84 oc for my GC. I can use this as a daily shaver too.
Now I alternate weeks with each razor and like them both. Lupo.72 is a little more maneuverable.( I have a goatie) the solid bar in either version would probably work well for you.

Attachments

• 20221113_210756.jpg
    20221113_210756.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 31
Hi there - still new to the wet shaving business (6 months) but that has already been enough to contract a bad case of RAD - inspired by this brilliant community I have picked RazoRock razors for two out of my three current razors, the Game changer .84 and the German 37.

The GC has already been discussed in this thread but I'd like to put in a word for the German 37. It is my first slant razor and if you're interested in trying out slants (if you haven't already), the 37 is a great place to start: cheaper than its German-brand inspiration, smooth and efficient. For me it pairs well with sharp blades such as the Perma-Sharp Super and the Nacet, zero pressure and a shallow angle. YMMV - happy shaves!

I have the aluminum Lupo, and like it. I believe the gap is the same as the Lupo .58.

If you're using an R41, the aluminum Lupo is going to be quite a bit milder than that. If you want something a _little_ milder, one of the larger-gap Lupo's or GC's should do fine.

You could, of course, get an adjustable . . . :001_smile IMHO, the Aluminum Lupo is similar to the Merkur Progress at about 1.5.
No the Aluminum is not '58

The GameChanger 0.84 is a great daily shaver. It is one of three razors I've kept of about 15 or so that I've tried since I got started last July. The Lupo is a bit more efficient, can have more blade feel, but can also be incredibly smooth. Counterintuitively, I found the 0.95 Lupo to be smoother than the 0.72 - my preference between the two models was marginal, I only got rid of the Lupo because I prefer to keep a smaller den.

But, with all things in life, YMMV

GC .84P and the Lupo .72SB or .95SB. GC feels a bit smoother. Lupo more nimble and has a bit better blade clamping. Looks better too IMO. I prefer the .72 currently.

if I had to pick one it’d be the GC .84P but I currently have all 3. Good luck. They are all good.

I have the GC 0.84, 0.68 and Lupo 0.72. I want the 0.95 Lupo too but am waiting for one of the UK stockists to get them back in.

I would go for the GC 0.84. I slightly prefer this to the Lupo 0.72 - to me it seems just a tad smoother. That said, many say the 0.95 Lupo feels smoother than the 0.72 version, and having used the 0.72 a lot, I can see how the larger 0.95 gap could end up working well with that particular head geometry, especially for a cap rider like myself.

I think that coming from the aggressive end of the spectrum, as long as you avoid the mildest versions of these razors, you won't go wrong. Precisely which one you will prefer is something you can only discover by trying them out in your routine.

I have the GC 68 and 84 in both SB and OC, as well as the Lupo 72 SB & OC and 95 OC, and the Super Slant L2++ SB and L1++ OC. In any given gap or model, I universally enjoy the OC version more than the SB. And I generally prefer the Lupo over the Game Changer. For me, the pinnacle is the Lupo 95 OC, which has never felt aggressive to me.

If you definitively want a milder SB, I would recommend the Lupo 72 SB, but I would also strongly encourage trying the OC as well.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
It seems every one is focused in on the RR Game changer and the RR Lupo and I own both of those models of razors. The
Razorock GC.84 SB is a tame mid range and is a nice razor to work the face but the Lupo.72 is a excellent mid range razor and has been refined to perform well.
Lupo.72 has positive blade exposure of about 2/1000 of a inch where the GC.84 is a little less but still positive exposure. Both razors should give a person DFS>BBS on any day when everything is dialed in IMO.
Razorock just came out with their Super slant razor also and the fellows like using that one also a lot.
But the Lupo.72 is my favorite of the 2 razors because of the design working under the nose area with the cut out corners.
(old archived photo from January 2021 when I bought mine, these are some of the features I enjoy!)
Lupo collage #3.2.jpg

Have some great shaves!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Over the years I have had most of the stainless steel Razorock razors. I have had most of the Game Changer variations. And I have had most of the various Lupo razors, including the Aluminum and DLC versions. The only two I have left are the the GC 84p and the Lupo 95 SB. Sold all the rest.

The Lupo outshaves the GC every time. The GC is a wee bit smoother, and is a better looking razor. But for shave results, the Lupo is actually up there with razors that cost three to five times more. The GC is not. I am contemplating selling the GC because it doesn’t make the grade any more for me.

Over the years I have had most of the stainless steel Razorock razors. I have had most of the Game Changer variations. And I have had most of the various Lupo razors, including the Aluminum and DLC versions. The only two I have left are the the GC 84p and the Lupo 95 SB. Sold all the rest.

The Lupo outshaves the GC every time. The GC is a wee bit smoother, and is a better looking razor. But for shave results, the Lupo is actually up there with razors that cost three to five times more. The GC is not. I am contemplating selling the GC because it doesn’t make the grade any more for me.

Good to know, thank you. I want to avoid going too mild to then have to upgrade back to aggressive/efficient.

Game changers never really did anything for me. I have the 68 and 84.

I find the 84 a weird little razor, it has some blade feel and it seems to be doing a good job while shaving, but when it ends I’m left with middle of the road results.

It’s like shaving with a slim on 9, but the results are like it was set on 1.

I just measured mine (with a Feather blade, holding the thickness gauges horizontal, under the blade edge):

. . . Its blade gap is larger than 0.55 mm, and smaller than 0.60 mm.

Since Italian Barber won't specify the blade gaps on aluminum razors, what do you think the blade gap is, and why?

. Charles
Razorock replied that they are not the same.

Top Bottom