What's new

RR razor recommendation

I think you should go with lupo 72... Lupo 95 and r41's efficiencies is not very different. Lupo 72 is a medium-agressive razor and has less blade feel than r41. Gc .84 is not mild razor but it could be too mild for you after r41.

I like the GC-84P very much with the titanium halo handle. It comes in at 73 grams, almost exactly the same weight and balance as the Gillette Slim, but imo a far smoother and better razor with no exposed tabs (though I get a good shave with the Slim set to 3 and often travel with it). I've never felt the need to experiment with more aggressive 3-piece razors, in part because I already have the Fendrihan MKII, which is plenty aggressive yet a smooth efficient shaver. The drawbacks of the MKII for me are that it is a monstrous steel beast at 112 grams (!) and it isn't interchangeable with most other handles due to the extra-long threaded post. The MKII may even be a better overall design than the RR razors, but imo RR beats it due to their great selection of base plates and handles that lets you customize your razor. Plus, the RR steel razors appear to be better made, though I'm not sure how much that matters other than for aesthetics.

Top Bottom