What's new

Roughing it

About 60 nights total. I'm only human..........

If I hit a town at the end of the day, heck yeah, big meal, hotel, warm bed.

That is an awesome achievement Sir.:thumbup1:

I appreciate your candor and share your sentiments.

As we used to say in the Army, "There is a very fine line between hard core and just plain stupid."

Last edited:
As we used to say in the Army, "There is a very fine line between hard core and just plain stupid."

As we said on the trial, "There is a very fine line between a thru-hiker and the homeless. We have better legs".

I was offered cash several times, "to get a good meal". These well-meaning folks had no idea that I was not short of cash.

I grew up with no hot water and the only water in the house was the kitchen faucet. We bathed out the back door using a water hose. If it was cold we used a #2 wash tub inside and heated a little water on the stove. We didn't have a television or phone. We had an outhouse. We didn't have heat or air conditioning in our house.
That was the best and easiest time of my life.

i guess we roughed it everyday and just didn't know it.

Wow, I can remember that. One of my grandparents had an indoor bathroom, although both grandmothers had an electric water heater.

When I was six we moved into the house my brother and I now own with *TWO* (whoa! 2) bathrooms. And central heat!

And I remember the week my father and uncles put a real bathroom with a real bathtub and shower into the house my grandmother without lived in. My uncle still lives in the house.

But we weren't "roughing it" in our minds. That's how it was.

I've been camping the past three weeks in the Crowne Plaza. I had to go to the laundromat twice. (On the company dime, fortunately.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom