What's new

Wunderbar arrived! (long story culminating in review)

Nice story and review. Sounds like an adventure.

FL has some unique weather. In fact, it was when I was living in FL that I got introduced to cold water shaving. A hurricane left us without power and hot water! Until I moved to AZ, I thought FL weathermen had the easiest job. All they had to say was partly sunny with possible clouds and showers. However, AZ weathermen have an easier job: sunny with little chance of precipitation.

According to Lewis Black, that would be San Diego. Anchor "How's the weather?" Weatherman, "Nice, back to you."
Having lived in San Diego and Phoenix, they have it easier in San Diego.

Your experience with the Wunderbar pretty much mirrors mine. It's a razor that I always love using and that I keep in my rotation.

It's a razor that I always love using

+1, though mine came with the titanium handle that I am not a big fan of. This razor requires a light touch, and a heavier SS handle definitely makes it easier to allow the Wunderbar to do all the work. Unfortunately, the indent in the base plate limits compatibility. I have a couple of SS handles that do fit, and for me, the shave experience is very much improved.

Mine came with a SS fluted handle. It's in the drawer now as my UFO fit perfectly.
Did yours come with a 85mm stainless steel handle ? I got the titanium handle and it's not bad, I wish it was a ltitle shorter, most RR handles are 90mm but on the website it says it now comes with an 85mm stainless steel handle, does anyone know if an Ikon bulldog handle will fit the Wunderbar head?

Did yours come with a 85mm stainless steel handle ? I got the titanium handle and it's not bad, I wish it was a ltitle shorter, most RR handles are 90mm but on the website it says it now comes with an 85mm stainless steel handle, does anyone know if an Ikon bulldog handle will fit the Wunderbar head?
Don't know if a bulldog handle will fit but an Ikon OSS handle fits perfectly.

Thanks, they should have similar width opening on the ikon handles. I prefer something with deeper knurling and shorter but thicker handle, maybe the larger ikon bulldog with matte finish is 85mm or the bamboo is nice but not that much shorter with 87mm in length .
Can anyone else recommend a good handle that would fit the Wunderbar?
Thanks.

My wunderbar came yesterday and I will be trying it out on Sunday. We will see if it can compete with my Att s2 for the top spot.
Smurf

I used my wunderbar for the first time, 2 passes and clean up wtg and atg ended up with a great shave. I will know more after a few more shaves but after the first shave I think I am going to like it.
Smurf

Top Bottom