What's new

Rotbart Mond-Extra safety razor

Hi! I recently got a nice Rotbart Mond-Extra razor with Bakelite box and two Rotbart Luxuosa blades. This razor is very good shaver. I would like to know when these models were made.:biggrin1:

$rotbart1.jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That looks like a #15 made from the early 1950s into the 60s. Lots of old threads on these, here is one with some pics.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/293215

Congrats on finding a great razor! Many times these show some corrosion even in NOS packaging due to some poor storage conditions (unlike yours).

I got this one today. I overpaid for it on eBay but oh well. On a side note if anyone wants the case just pm me. I have no need for the case. It shaved beautifully. Is this a #15 as well?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I got this one today. I overpaid for it on eBay but oh well. On a side note if anyone wants the case just pm me. I have no need for the case. It shaved beautifully. Is this a #15 as well?

Yes, it's a No.15, congrats. Have you tried it yet?

Here is another Rotbart to add to the inventory. It is 74 grams and is extra heavy compared to the normal model. Appears to be plated in silver and is pre World War II according to Alex's designation. Have not shaved with it as yet but imagine it is probably similar to the Gillette new improved open comb. Nice shape with little plating loss. Only at the base of the handle that the adjustment knob works against.

Attachments

• $DSCN2166.jpg
    $DSCN2166.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 512
  • $DSCN2163.jpg
    $DSCN2163.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 512
  • $DSCN2164.jpg
    $DSCN2164.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 506
  • $DSCN2165.jpg
    $DSCN2165.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 508
@Zeppelinkarte: Nice Rotbart, there was one similar to that one to be had on the bay the other day, it looked goo but your photographs are better.

I took possession about 2 weeks ago of my Rotbart Mond-Extra, it seems to have the same head bottom plate as yours but a different handle (and is also slightly less heavy than yours):

$DSCF4593.jpg$DSCF4588.jpg$DSCF4586.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom