What's new

Robot Vacuum?

So I may be a little bit lazy, but my black lab provides a dusting of dog hair throughout the house on a daily basis. Plus SWMBO thinks I spend too much time thinking about shaving. So what if I could shave and vacuum at the same time?

Looking for some firsthand experience with one of these fancy contraptions.

I have one. Unless you live in a single, uncarpeted room, pass. I found I spent more time getting it unstuck from room transitions and carpet than not vacuuming.
Note: I went cheap, jic. Perhaps the more expensive options do a better job.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I used to just tie one of these to my dog's collar.

proxy.php

I should have also mentioned that I have three dogs (including a lab) in a smallish home. The little basket that collects the vacuumed hair was simply overwhelmed.

If you have hardwood or similar floors then maybe. I have one that never gets used anymore because it always got hung up on various items and frankly didn't do a good enough job on carpet to make it worth the purchase price.
Also finding it's own way back to the charging station was about 50/50.

The top of the line Roomba really does work great on carpet and wood. It really does cover 2000 sq ft no problem. It really does get back to the charging station almost all the time, if you do a little picking up before it starts (good motivation to get that done anyway). It, however, costs A LOT of money.

The answer is YES!
My SWMBO bought Roomba last year an uses it a few times a week. It is amazing how much dirt and pet hair the vacuum picks up of our hard-wood floors. Try finding a 20% off coupon for Bed and Bath.

I've been a Roomba user for about 8 years now. I love them. I'm on my 3rd or 4th (I forget). You do have to spend a little time making sure shoelaces, lamp cords, and carpet fringes are out of the way. But once you have your rooms "Roombized", you are good to go. I like the fact that while I'm cleaning counters, etc., the Roomba is vacuuming the floors. And it goes under the furniture, meaning I don't have to move stuff to chase dust bunnies.

...Enter here and find the most affordable options available on the market.

You use a shop vac to clean the interior of your house? Carpet and everything?

We just bought a Riccar vacuum, a regular upright model that can be used on carpet and hard floors. It wasn't cheap but so far it works great and there are lots of metal parts that won't wear out or break like plastic will. Many people report having these vacuums for 10+ years. I don't want to be on my 3rd or 4th vacuum in 8 years like one of the posts above.

Top Bottom