What's new

Rijk blades

Hi!

Anyone in here ever tried the blades from Rijk?
Very cheap blades here in Sweden, made from swedish steel.
According to one of the vendors here (in Sweden) it's graded between sharp and extra sharp, placing it right under Derby.

I bought a handfull of them and tonight I will try them out in my Muhle R41 and Feather Popular.

Hi!

Anyone in here ever tried the blades from Rijk?
Very cheap blades here in Sweden, made from swedish steel.
According to one of the vendors here (in Sweden) it's graded between sharp and extra sharp, placing it right under Derby.

I bought a handfull of them and tonight I will try them out in my Muhle R41 and Feather Popular.
I am looking forward to your review on the Rijk blade.!

If I survive this budgetblade without loosing too much blood I will give my review tomorrow morning :)
Until now my blades of choice have been Feather for both my Feather Popular and Muhle R41.
I have tried Muhle's own blades as well but they are not so sharp as I want them to be.

If I survive this budgetblade without loosing too much blood I will give my review tomorrow morning :)
Until now my blades of choice have been Feather for both my Feather Popular and Muhle R41.
I have tried Muhle's own blades as well but they are not so sharp as I want them to be.
Sweden still cranks out AETERNA blades , have you tried them ?
aeterna_super_stainless_steel_blades_hardest_sharpest_made_in_sweden_200_pieces_.jpg

I could not wait, I took an earlier shower and shave tonight.

Where shall I begin?

I could start with the only good thing about this blade, the price.
10 blades is just 1 (one) Euro, the cheapest blade I have seen in Sweden.

They are sharp, but they are also superthin and bendy.
I did cut myself everywhere, the chin, the neck, under my nose...
As I said, they are sharp, felt a bit sharper than Derby but not as sharp as Feather but the fact that they are so incredible thin they can not match my quite thick and hard stubble making the blade bite hard.

Maybe they will work for a teenager with much softer beard but not for me.

I have never found them, but I know they have been in continuous production for at least 50 years. AETERNA used to make beautiful , high quality razors as well, and their blade wrappers were amongst the most beautiful ever produced. They pop up on your TRADERA every now and then ...Svenska Rakbladsfabriken - Products ...... View attachment 960892 View attachment 960893 View attachment 960894 View attachment 960895 View attachment 960896

Thank you for a great tip :)
I will try and get some of these blades

In my review of the Rijk blades I forgot to mention that I did the first pass with my Muhle R41 and then I did a second pass with my Feather Popular, still not bbs so I did a third pass with Muhle.
I use both pre-shave cream and soap from Proraso and they work fine for me.
Already in the first pass I cut my self pretty bad on my neck, and when I tried it with my Feather in my second pass I cut my self quite a lot on my chin and under my nose.

Normally I do both first and second pass with my Muhle with Feather blades and after that I'm smooth as a babys bottom. If I use my Feather Popular for the second pass it's almost as smooth.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Never heard of these blades before. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the review.

Really thin blade on 41R is surest recipe of bloodletting. Try those blades in a razor with wider baseplate support and you might get better results if the blade itself is quality product.

I could not wait, I took an earlier shower and shave tonight.

Where shall I begin?

I could start with the only good thing about this blade, the price.
10 blades is just 1 (one) Euro, the cheapest blade I have seen in Sweden.

They are sharp, but they are also superthin and bendy.
I did cut myself everywhere, the chin, the neck, under my nose...
As I said, they are sharp, felt a bit sharper than Derby but not as sharp as Feather but the fact that they are so incredible thin they can not match my quite thick and hard stubble making the blade bite hard.

Maybe they will work for a teenager with much softer beard but not for me.

SORRY!! (You took one for the team.) :a21::a21:

Thanks for the review!

I have never found them, but I know they have been in continuous production for at least 50 years. AETERNA used to make beautiful , high quality razors as well, and their blade wrappers were amongst the most beautiful ever produced. They pop up on your TRADERA every now and then ...Svenska Rakbladsfabriken - Products ...... View attachment 960892 View attachment 960893 View attachment 960894 View attachment 960895 View attachment 960896

Great graphics!! Thanks for the history!!

Top Bottom