What's new

Ridiculous eBay auction

Why don't I turn that question upside down.

Why am I so often put in a position where I have the opportunity to take a side like that?
Why is the eBay seller attacked so often in threads, when the attackers don't appear to have a working knowledge of the costs of doing business on eBay, the risks sellers take by accepting paypal, or any number of other things?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
So, in a society that easily perceives it, why would you propagate the idea with a shot like that, and a comment like that?

Your average Joe isn't the person whom the seller would reasonably assume to be opening that ad to look at it. Again, it is the target audience you have to consider.

Then my argument stands. If his target audience is a professional photographer who theoretically has the imagination necessary to compose visual subject matter, he shouldn't NEED a potentially insulting example, and if he did need an example, it shouldn't be one that could easily be misconstrued by the general public, because there are a lot more average joes on e-bay than there are professional photographers.

Just my opinion.

Why don't I turn that question upside down.

Why am I so often put in a position where I have the opportunity to take a side like that?
Why is the eBay seller attacked so often in threads, when the attackers don't appear to have a working knowledge of the costs of doing business on eBay, the risks sellers take by accepting paypal, or any number of other things?

I'm afraid that only you put yourself in that position by appointing yourself Guardian of E-bay. Those folks don't need a spokesman or a defender. I personally read hundreds and hundreds of posts for every one that is critical of an e-bay seller. And personally, I don't care what their personal issues are with selling on e-bay. I am more concerned that my fellow B&B'ers get the best deal possible. Finally, if it's so hard on the poor e-bay seller, and things are so unfair for them, why do they keep selling? Because despite the unfair rules, and the lying cheating public, those sellers make a profit. Bottom Line.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that only you put yourself in that position by appointing yourself Guardian of E-bay.

I admit, that being an eBay seller myself, I am more likely to be drawn to a post relating to eBay. No surprise then, that you will find me there responding.
Why you feel compelled to respond to me specifically on these occasions is another matter, for which I have no explanation.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm afraid that only you put yourself in that position by appointing yourself Guardian of E-bay.

I admit, that being an eBay seller myself, I am more likely to be drawn to a post relating to eBay. No surprise then, that you will find me there responding.
Why you feel compelled to respond to me specifically on these occasions is another matter, for which I have no explanation.

My apologies if I inferred that anything was personal. I do enjoy the banter we have and meant no harm or hurt feelings at all. I appreciate a well thought out discussion and was going forward on that assumption. I'll watch future posts so as not to offend. Again, the impersonality of the written word can't effectively convey a smile or a look that would render a written statement harmless.

Cheers mate, and no hard feelings

Oh, don't worry about my feelings, discussion boards require thick skins and an awareness of the failings of the written word. I enjoy banter too, and appreciate someone being around to keep me on my toes. :001_smile

And I seem always to come down on the side of eBay (or rather, the side of the seller who has something listed on eBay) because the point of view of the seller is most definitely lacking in threads where eBay comes up. Few understand the side of the seller here; where his shoe pinches; what costs, risks, and rules he has to follow.

I am sure that most folks understand the travails of the eBay seller. What that has to do with anything, escapes me.

Top Bottom