What's new

Review of the " Tear your face apart with these blades" blades

Well, I was the lucky winner of a pic of 249 Graham-Field prep blades that have received less than stellar reviews and have been coined the worst blades ever made by all who've tried shaving with them.
They arrived yesterday afternoon and I proceeded t of do some tests on my arms. One arm with a Pre-war Fat Handle Tech and a New Long Combat on the other. Both tested very positive and smooth. Things seemed to be looking good.
Well, I have to agree with everyone else, these blades are absolute garbage. The worst blades I've ever used.They tugged and pulled the hair on my face and neck. I did manage to complete the shave. Things could have been worst.
Here really is a link to the original pif and a review from another member who had the misfortune of using these blades.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/484968-The-quot-Tear-your-face-apart-with-these-blades-quot-PIFhttp://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/478025-Graham-Field-DE-Blades
And here are the pictures of my experience.
Before lathering up
$tmp_5113-20160329_123356157467734.jpg
There razor of choice, the blade, and the aftershave of choice. Just a mix of ever aftershave I own.
$tmp_5113-20160329_123438-1554451454.jpg
My face lathered up. I thought about shaving off my beard, then decided against it after the first stroke.
$tmp_5113-20160329_123525177545031.jpg
My face post shave. For those with week stomachs and don't like the site of blood. No joke there is real blood and that is my face! Don't view the next picture! Needed stitches and loss a lot of blood. At one point I was asked my blood type because the doctors could stop the bleeding.
$tmp_5113-my face1589008656.jpg
There actual post shave picture, though the one above is me from an unfortunate accident nearly 9 years ago.
$tmp_5113-20160329_123634-1651964468.jpg
I ended up with no cuts, nicks, or weepers thankfully. I did however need to go back over my face and neck again with a different razor and blade to get a decent shave.
Stay tuned for the "Tear your face apart with these blades" pif number 2.

Man! if they were med prep blades, they could have been used for Manscaping prior to procedures on delicate parts of the body! You saved at least 249 people from getting their parts horribly disfigured! I salute you! :death::a46::a14::a14: How did Alum and Aftershave do? :bayrum2:

you need to parcel these out into tucks of 10 and PIF them, kind of like spreading the misery in The Ring by making a copy of the tape.

I'm sorry you were the unfortunate winner of the PIF Dave! Those things were terrible, I didn't even manage half a shave with them, evidently your tolerance - or appreciation - of pain far exceeds mine! Looking forward to the next victim's review. It's amazing those things can legally be sold, especially as a med prep blade.

It's amazing those things can legally be sold, especially as a med prep blade.

I don't find it amazing at all. He tested it on his arm first and it was fine. Med prep blades are typically used on small areas of body hair, not large swaths of beard stubble, right?

Haha now the guys are lining up to use them....... masochists......hey we should have a subforum for them.

I don't find it amazing at all. He tested it on his arm first and it was fine. Med prep blades are typically used on small areas of body hair, not large swaths of beard stubble, right?

Let's just say that after using them before I passed them on to Dave, I'm glad the hospital that did my hernia repair used different blades... No way could I imagine using these on my chest, upper legs, stomach, genitals, etc... some of those areas are a lot more tender than your arm (at least on me, ymmv)

Last edited:
Top Bottom