What's new

Review for Sailor Kiwaguro Nano Black

Let me start by saying that even though this ink certainly won't suit everyone's taste, I think it's atleast worthy of you giving it a go. A little pricey, yes, but the ink is full of character. I am/was on a quest for a black black, and the Sailor doesn't disappoint.

Last edited by a moderator:
If everyone should try it, then you should box it up immediately, and send it to me! :lol:

Looks good, I don't use black much, but it's a sharp black.

Did it ever dry?

:lol:

I actually thought it was a pretty quick-drying ink until I did the smudge test. I think it's just the fact that I used this in my med. nib Safari, which always lays down a ridiculously wet line. I've used it in drier, finer pens and it dries a LOT faster.

I like the it, nice and dark. Yeah did it ever dry?

I go back on my previous statement that it dries much faster with finer nibs. I used this ink for everything the past couple days in a Noodler's Flex Nib fine point and it took a while to dry with that, too. Don't get me wrong, it's a really, really nice ink, it just takes a while to dry. I love it's character and other attributes, but I don't see it becoming an everyday ink for me, anymore...

All that said, though, it's still worth a try! It may end up on the BST soon enough, though.

I've used this ink regularly for a coup[le years now, particularly so in an ultra extra fine Platinum President. Easily one of my favorite inks. Not quite bulletproof but quite waterproof. And I have never had it clog up a nib, even an extremely fine one. On a very fine nib, drying is not a problem, critical for me as a lefty. I use it for signing checks, detailed notes in (my) books and notes that are archival in nature.

---
Ken

I haven't done a comparison, but have seen comments stating the Hero carbon black is very similar at half the price. Both these inks have nano carbon black in them.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Many thanks for the review, and to ken for ...

... quite waterproof. And I have never had it clog up a nib, even an extremely fine one.

... that added information. I'm considering either the black or the blue/black for my finest-nibbed pen ... can't decide on the colour. :wink2:

I've been using it for a couple of months in a variety of pens. It's beautiful and works great. No problems with it on the page, no problems with pen function.

Top Bottom