What's new

Restorative procedures for the skin

Do you do any restorative treatments to stimulate the healing of the micro-injuries caused by the razor?
This can include creams, oils, masks, and other cosmetic and dermatological tricks.

Personally, I bet on evening creams, having noticed that the ones that contain zinc and copper have the best restorative effect.

I use retinol, peptides and a mandelic acid exfoliater plus a barrier repair moisturizer after. Have been for years. My razor glides over my face and never experience any nicks or irritation. I also never use alcohol on my face.

this is outstanding!

proxy.php

I use retinol, peptides and a mandelic acid exfoliater plus a barrier repair moisturizer after. Have been for years. My razor glides over my face and never experience any nicks or irritation. I also never use alcohol on my face.
No alcohol on the face is a really good idea. I've been thinking about trying it for a while, but with so many aftershaves out there with lovely alcohol-based scents, I'm quickly ruining the regimen.

No alcohol on the face is a really good idea. I've been thinking about trying it for a while, but with so many aftershaves out there with lovely alcohol-based scents, I'm quickly ruining the regimen.
I have never used them because they conflict with fragrances. My favorite post shave product is Lipid Gold by Stratia Skin Care.

I use unsented lubraderm as a balm I have been doing this for a while and it seems to work when my skin is soar from shaving and I use it after every shave.

Not strictly what you were asking for, but if you are not having to shave every day then just time is a good healer.

One of the reasons I tend to shave every second day is that it gives my skin the chance to restore itself naturally.

I use L'Occitane cream. It's silky smooth and a little goes a long way. It really eases the irritation I get when I'm careless around my neck area.

I'm not sure if they still make this one, or if it's just repackaged now.

IMG20240528073820.jpg

I forgot the Lucky Tiger.

No alcohol so it goes on easy peasy with absolutely no burn and it has some nice healing ingredients like Aloe. The fragrance is mellow and it doesn't last more than 10 minutes.

IMG20240528090215.jpg

Top Bottom