What's new

Request: New Razor Match Up

I currently the owner of a very basic UK Boots DE razor, a 1940's Gillette SS and also a 1930's Tech but I'm now looking for a adjustable.
I know of the merkur progress but I have been put off since reading the reviews on b&b. Other than the progress, is there any other good "new" adjustables or will my next razor be another vintage Gillette? lol

I don't have a problem with Gillette, I think they do some of the best razors including the adjustable (pre-1978) I would just like a new razor in my collection and an adjustable so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone?

If I am on a wild goose chase, please tell me to shut up and get a Gillette Adjustable :thumbup1:

I vote for the Progress. Solid construction, classic style and versatile settings. I wouldn't shy away from a Fatboy or Slim either, you're bound to get one anyways.....

So many options! i would have to second the Progess as it is a very nice and versatile razor if you do not want the Fatboy or Slim. Why not try an open-comb to go in another direction, such as an Old Type.
Good luck.

I think I have seen the razor I want AND it's my birth year razor!!!!
A very nice black handled 1984 Gillette Super Adjustable!

The down side is, the listing end's in just over 3 days and I don't get paid for another 7!

I can't express how gutted I am!

If you have to wait for your paycheck to buy a razor, you should probably consider keeping what you have.... just my opinion :). You're living too close the edge my friend.

I think I have seen the razor I want AND it's my birth year razor!!!!
A very nice black handled 1984 Gillette Super Adjustable!

The down side is, the listing end's in just over 3 days and I don't get paid for another 7!

I can't express how gutted I am!

I'm saving for my wedding so if it doesn't go on bills, it's spent on wedding things...

I don't know when the next 1984 razor never mind super adjustable will come along so... needs must! lol

I'm going to be doing a few extra shifts at work over the next few weeks for a friend anyway, so any loss of cash on the razor will soon be replaced!

(I just hope my wife to be doesn't find out, even though I think I used her account to bid!) :blushing:

Top Bottom