What's new

Regular guys discussing shaving

I was searching for blade banks and stumbled upon a link to a shaving discussion that was on a non-shaving forum. The main site appears to be for people in the media or wanting to break into the media biz. Anyway, I thought it might be interesting food for thought to see what people have to say about shaving, when they are mass-market shaving consumers. The topic was a free sample Gillette Fusion, and here are some of the comments:

I tried this thing. It's the single most useless razor I have ever tried out. You can't get any pressure on it. It does not cut close. You don't feel like you have any control over it. In short - it's a pathetic piece of crap.

Has the multiple-edged razor insanity reached its zenith or what? I still think an Atra II works best for me, and that "only" has a double blade. Is the men's razor industry only trying to impress itself with these absurd contraptions they are putting out? To me it's kind of like the local TV news in ways. Does the viewer or consumer REALLY benefit? Who's impressed?

Mach III Turbo.

Best. Razor. Ever.

I love the Fusion...best shave I've ever had. Went to buy replacement blades for it....$12 for 4.

I think I'll be back to disposables soon...

I like the Fusion. Took a while to wear down the blade that came in the mail. Went to buy blades at Costco. $47. 15 blades. Not worth it.

Lol, my blades are about 15 cents apiece. :biggrin:

I use cheap disposal razors and tend to dry shave in the shower...

Overall, I think blade prices are way over priced.
Yes. Your blades are overpriced.

I buy the cheapest shaving cream I can find. I've tried the more expensive ones, but don't get any better results.

(Shows pic of electric razor) Best Razor for me hands down. I can't use blades, haven't for about 8 years.

Then, out of the blue comes this guy: :thumbup1:

I use an old-style stainless steel razor I got as a gift. The kind you disassemble and replace one double-edged razorblade at a time. honestly, it's the best shave I've ever gotten. I'll never go back to disposable.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Great interaction among non-shavegeeks! Seeds are planted one at a time...some delve into it long enough to devour the delicious fruit....others will continue to see this "Art of Shaving" as a chore...I know I did for many years.

I use cheap disposal razors and tend to dry shave in the shower...

This one cracks me up a little. "Dry" shave, but in the shower? Unless he's shaving before he turns the water one, that just doesn't sound possible....

-Mo

I doubt there are many out there, but I imagine there are a couple people that just take a blade to a dry face :scared: Reckon he means he doesn't use any goo or foam though.

But, if someone isn't a wet shaver, then how would you describe him?

But, if someone isn't a wet shaver, then how would you describe him?

Well, as a dry shaver, certainly. I just don't understand why people think wet shaving means traditional wet shaving with a brush and either DE or straight. Wet shaving means shaving. Wet. A blade and water. That's what makes it wet shaving. Even if it is a rusty disposable and ditch water.

-Mo

I got interrested in the subject due to a thread on shaving on a paintball forum. A quick google search lead me here.

I came across this site from hearing about DE wetshaving on a music forum.

Shaving also gets brought up quite a bit on a fitness site I frequent and out of the blue a guy posted a picture of his Futur!

Top Bottom