What's new

Red Dot FatBoy $$$$$$$

In my opinion Price is unimportant on the rare items . its between seller and buyer...im sure that if the buyer really want that ReD DoT than think to pay much more than this price..
lets check this: How many friend have ReD DoT or Bottom dial 195 and Price expected ? Rarity is very important.

Regards.

While it is true that the rust from the blade should have or could have been removed, the optical illusion of the doors being out of alignment would not bother me. I believe what the seller’s photos are really showing is the fact that the safety bars are rotated a bit. This is normal for D-1and F-4 Toggles and D-1 FatBoys (Red Dots). They will realign themselves as the doors close.

While it is true that the rust from the blade should have or could have been removed, the optical illusion of the doors being out of alignment would not bother me. I believe what the seller’s photos are really showing is the fact that the safety bars are rotated a bit. This is normal for D-1and F-4 Toggles and D-1 FatBoys (Red Dots). They will realign themselves as the doors close.

Interesting... hopefully the buyer will come forward and show us some pics of his score.

You know, I keep asking myself, was the price really that high in today’s market. The more I think about it, the less I am sure.
Anecdotally speaking, many if not most of the Red Dots seemed to have flown under the radar and many times it is only after they have sold it is pointed out that in fact it was not a “plain FatBoy”
The price of Toggles has risen greatly along with interest in them. The Red Dot head is built like a Toggle.
The other end sports a TTO knob instead of a toggle lever. So what is a Red DOT?
It is an adjustable razor that is actually rarer than a Toggle and look what those a selling for these days.

Rumor I heard the new owner is really happy with his purchase. We all have a razor we really want, well I have mine now!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Rumor I heard the new owner is really happy with his purchase. We all have a razor we really want, well I have mine now!

Congrats, Ben; I take it we can assume Tom (Copierguy) was right -- the door misalignment was an optical illusion!

Yes, Tom was correct. It is an optical illusion of sorts, the safety bars do rotate when the doors are open but only when set on #9. Once the doors are closed everything rotates back into position. The rust on the blade tray came off with some gentle scrubbing as well as all of the lime build up. It was pretty nasty looking when I got it, but after sitting in warm water for several hours and a few quick scrubs with Scrubbing Bubbles it turned out like the photos show. I plan on giving it a better cleaning job with a mild polish to get every nook cleaned after I shave with it for a week or so.

It will be added to my rotation but I doubt it's going to be my every day razor. It's clean enough to be a keeper but not so nice I won't use it. I actually have a problem with collecting stuff I can't use be it obscure cars, guns or now razors. These things were meant to be used, I will care for them while I'm here and hopefully my Son will continue to get many good shaves from them after I'm gone.

... It is an optical illusion of sorts, the safety bars do rotate when the doors are open but only when set on #9. Once the doors are closed everything rotates back into position...

OK, I'm fascinated by this and really can't understand how this can be happening. I basically can't imagine what is being described.

Can you describe further what is going on or even better post a vid? Do other Red Dot users have a similar experience?

My curiosity is well and truly aroused!

Top Bottom