What's new

Recommended razors from Ali express

Since Ali express is having its anniversary sale, I am thinking about ordering a couple of DE razors. Any recommendations for some good razors from Ali express vendors that you have enjoyed? Thanks

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Yaqi has a few great razors that I enjoy.
Yaqi AC V2 Excalibur, tame mid range.........Yaqi TFC adjustable, any range....................... Yaqi Tile razor, mild range

SOTD Feb 18.2 2022.jpg SOTD March 19 2022.jpg SOTD March 25 2022.jpg
Have some great shaves!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
DSCosmetic Z.0 v2...buy the head by itself and you'll get version 2. It's a stainless steel clone of the original Muhle R41.

I have the Baili BD176 which you might like if you prefer a mild razor. I believe it is a Gillette Tech clone and does provide a mild but close shave with sharper blades. I have done a few shaves with it, with notes here if you're interested.

JCarr

I just ordered one of those heads thru Amazon for the heck of it. How is it? V2 so not super aggressive?

Oh...it's aggressive. I really learned to use it and love it. Paired with a TiBam Titanium handle. One of my favorite razors.

JCarr

Actually, I'm mistaken. I ordered the R41 clone head thru Amazon. I now realize you got a whole razor thru Aliexpress. My error. Sorry.

S'ok. Was kinda hoping you were right and DSCosmetic had a strong presence on Amazon. I bought only the head through AliExpress...fortunately they offer it with a handle or without. Obviously, without a handle is cheaper. Good razor! R41 is a kind of an anomaly razor in the shaving world...odd configuration, but it provides a really close shave.

Last edited:
S'ok. Was kinda hoping you were right and DSCosmetic had a strong presence on Amazon. I bought only the head through AliExpress...fortunately they offer it with a handle or without. Obviously, without a handle is cheaper. Good razor! R41 is a kind of an anomaly razor in the shaving world...odd configuration, but it provides a really close shave.
My R41 clone is out for delivery. FYI 16 days from China to Albuquerque. Not bad. I'll use it tomorrow and let you know.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
If you don't mind an aggressive razor the Yaqi slant head is cheap but shaves really good for me with a steep angle. I used it as a daily driver for almost 2 weeks with a Nacet, GSB with no irritation what so ever.

JCarr

If you don't mind an aggressive razor the Yaqi slant head is cheap but shaves really good for me with a steep angle. I used it as a daily driver for almost 2 weeks with a Nacet, GSB with no irritation what so ever.

Is that available through AliExpress?

Could you tell me some of its characteristics and why it's great?
Absolutely. The X2 has a .68 gap and is inspired (I don't think it is a 100% clone) of the Game Changer .68.
I currently own four Razorock Game Changers : 68p solid bar, 68 Jaws, 84p solid bar, 84 Jaws) and almost all the handles : HD, Bulldog, Radio, Barber pole (old and new version), Super knurled and used to have a UFO.
The destroyer handle is incredible and the razor doesn't just look great with the scalloped top cap but shaves fantastically.
The only negative is under the top cap the finishing marks are not the best... The rest of the razor has a polished finish that is better than the Razorocks

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom