What's new

Recommendations for neutral smelling soap

I have a bunch of soaps that complement a given aftershave but I keep my Sir Hare Barbershop for my general go to when I use other aftershaves. I probably have 1-2 weeks left of this soap so I'm in the market for a new go to, but I'd still be happy with the Sir Hare if needed.

Generally the AS that I use with this soap is Blenheim Bouquet or Creed Aventus. I don't mind a soap that has some fragrance but I don't want it to be overpowering or clash with the AS. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

As already said, MWF has a basic soapy smell, plus it is a superb soap and inexpensive too. Looks nice in the ceramic pot if you get one. That and Tabac are the only two I use.

Polarbeard

Contributor
Ambassador
MWF is already mentioned. LEA, La Toja and Haslinger Schalfmilch have about the same scent. Personally I go Saponificio Varesino Cosmo when I want a neutral scent.

MWF is my go to for a light scent. I use it for AS that I don’t have a matching soap for. I haven’t tried the unscented Stirling yet.

I'm not a huge fan of heavily scented soap, but with the few I have, I've never noticed the scent lingering after a shave long enough, or strong enough to dictate my AS or cologne selection.

Stirling has some neutral/ unscented soaps. I've been meaning to pick couple up as they have several different bases (Lanolin, Sheep tallow, Beeswax, etcs)

I'm not a huge fan of heavily scented soap, but with the few I have, I've never noticed the scent lingering after a shave long enough, or strong enough to dictate my AS or cologne selection.
I was going to post the same sentiment. Everyone has different opinions (like with Arko, definitely not neutral imo) but I find most soap's fragrances are fleeting at best. The exception, for me, was Nuavia Blu.