What's new

Recommendations for neutral smelling soap

I have a bunch of soaps that complement a given aftershave but I keep my Sir Hare Barbershop for my general go to when I use other aftershaves. I probably have 1-2 weeks left of this soap so I'm in the market for a new go to, but I'd still be happy with the Sir Hare if needed.

Generally the AS that I use with this soap is Blenheim Bouquet or Creed Aventus. I don't mind a soap that has some fragrance but I don't want it to be overpowering or clash with the AS. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
As already said, MWF has a basic soapy smell, plus it is a superb soap and inexpensive too. Looks nice in the ceramic pot if you get one. That and Tabac are the only two I use.

MWF is already mentioned. LEA, La Toja and Haslinger Schalfmilch have about the same scent. Personally I go Saponificio Varesino Cosmo when I want a neutral scent.

MWF is my go to for a light scent. I use it for AS that I don’t have a matching soap for. I haven’t tried the unscented Stirling yet.

I'm not a huge fan of heavily scented soap, but with the few I have, I've never noticed the scent lingering after a shave long enough, or strong enough to dictate my AS or cologne selection.

Stirling has some neutral/ unscented soaps. I've been meaning to pick couple up as they have several different bases (Lanolin, Sheep tallow, Beeswax, etcs)

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I'm not a huge fan of heavily scented soap, but with the few I have, I've never noticed the scent lingering after a shave long enough, or strong enough to dictate my AS or cologne selection.

I was going to post the same sentiment. Everyone has different opinions (like with Arko, definitely not neutral imo) but I find most soap's fragrances are fleeting at best. The exception, for me, was Nuavia Blu.

Sir Bosox, let me respectfully recommend Williams and Valobra shave soaps!!

williams art of shaving friedellko saturday taylor of old bond st sandalwood april 13 2019.jpg

valobra rooney feather mennen skin bracer october 13 2018.jpg

Top Bottom