What's new

Recommend me a Bourbon - Rye - Whiskey - Scotch

I'm planning to visit Atlanta in a few weeks and have reservations at a restaurant with great selection of libations. Would your take a look at the menu and recommend your top 5? Here's the caveat. If I like it, I would want a bottle. I have $125 to spend.

Bourbon

Four Roses Single Barrel is always a winner. Noah's Mill and WT Rare Breed are solid, too.
Sazerac rye is fabulous, but at that price it's not the 18 yr old.
Their Scotch selection is weak.
Redbreast Irish is good. The only Irish whisky I will drink.

Basil Hayden gets my top nod. My favorite so far (im about one full year into whiskey)

Anything on the special list, especially the Pappy Van Winkle, that stuff is very highly sought after.

Blanton's would be a must try for me as well. never had it.

Have you tried the Yellow Spot?
No. At one point about 8-10 years ago, I had tried every bourbon on the market.
Can't do that anymore due to new products/ boutique bottling/ inferior bourbons coming out of nowhere.

I kind of lost the motivation after trying 2 bad $50/bottle whiskeys.

Have you tried the Yellow Spot?

A superb single pot still Irish. RedBreast is also winner. RedBreast gets a slight edge for post-meal consumption as I consider it more of a desert-like whiskey than Yellow Spot. I had three fngers of Yellow Spot last evening. Offered by a neighboor whom I dug out his sidewalk and driveway after the snow storm. Fantastic.

A superb single pot still Irish. RedBreast is also winner. RedBreast gets a slight edge for post-meal consumption as I consider it more of a desert-like whiskey than Yellow Spot. I had three fngers of Yellow Spot last evening. Offered by a neighboor whom I dug out his sidewalk and driveway after the snow storm. Fantastic.
What a good neighbor!
By far the nicest Irish whiskey I've had.

So far.

Stagg if you can get your hands on it. At least to taste it. A bottle probably won't fit your budget. Would also second Blantons and 4 Roses Single Barrel

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Pikesville Rye is excellent. So are any of the Whistle Pig ryes, although a very different approach from the Pikesville.

I agree with the other recommendations. It is going to be hard to obtain a bottle of Pappys.

WT101 has no flies on it!
Tremendous value!

proxy.php

I'd take the opportunity to taste one of the Pappy's (probably the 10 year to get a start) and get a bottle of something else. Surprised they have Stagg, Jr, and not Stagg. My favorite bourbon so far is Stagg, but I haven't tried the Pappy's.

Russell's Reserve Single Barrel
Pikesville Rye
Makers Mark Single Barrel

Cannot go wrong with any of these three!

Top Bottom