What's new

Razors with no blade feel?

I was going to open a thread similar to this one.
I'm also interested in (my case) modern razors (SE, DE, whatever..) that don't have blade feel but are extremely efficient.

1-3 have no blade feel
4-5 have little blade feel
6 you feel the blade but not like other adjustables at the highest settting
I also completely agree. I love the 6S with plate 3, but for those who like a lot of blade feel, I can see how even plate 6 might not be quite enough.

I just received a ball end tech that I bought off the BST. I think it's a late 50's model, but it doesn't have a date code.
If there is no date code, it is pre-1951; assuming the ball end handle is original it is most likely between '45 and '50.

Though I know it is not yet available at retail (I am apparently one of the very few shavers to have one), the Rockwell Model T has minimal blade feel up to about setting 3 or so. It does have a bit more at higher settings, but it is still very smooth. But honestly, at the current listed retail price of $195, I can't recommend it. It is, after all, a primarily zamac razor. If you are in line for one as a KS or IGG backer for around 100 bucks, it's probably a reasonable buy, assuming you ever get it.

Aristocrat junior
View attachment 911858
Rocket HD

I shaved with an ej89 for years ( 8-10). Consider both of these smoother.

Smoothest is hd 500. Also easier to find.

The first thing that came to mind was the Aristocrat Junior. The only razor I've used that shaves well, but there's zero chance of nicks or cuts. The used price, sans case, is typically around $40.

Top Bottom