What's new

Razorock Prices (Third Party Vendors)

Joe from Italian Barber has all the RazoRock stuff made for him. He may supply to a handful of other vendors, but you aren't going to see offers of free shipping, especially from Canada.

Most of the time when I buy soap, I buy several items at once to save on shipping. I usually make 1-2 large purchases per year of soaps and creams and qualify for free shipping.

If price is a big concern, you can always get a year's worth of Arko with free shipping for about $12 on eBay...

Don't like Arko. Here's a quote from Joe: 'The accomplishment I’m most proud of is being able to offer super high quality products at value prices that any man can afford. It’s very easy to make a great $50 shaving soap; it’s not so easy to make a great shaving soap and sell it for $7.99. Every man deserves a high-quality shave, regarding of class, status, or pay grade.'

So apparently price is a big concern to somebody.

Don't like Arko. Here's a quote from Joe: 'The accomplishment I’m most proud of is being able to offer super high quality products at value prices that any man can afford. It’s very easy to make a great $50 shaving soap; it’s not so easy to make a great shaving soap and sell it for $7.99. Every man deserves a high-quality shave, regarding of class, status, or pay grade.'

So apparently price is a big concern to somebody.
I count 12 at 7.99 or under.

http://www.italianbarber.com/collections/creams-soaps/razorock?sort_by=price-ascending

You have to factor in shipping to the USA, which makes everything over $10 from IB. Razorock is the best value in my opinion, I was merely making a comment that the prices appeared to be going up (Including shipping to the USA) from my sources.

You have to pay shipping unless you order $60 or more from there (which is I think the lowest of any of the other generally preferred vendors' floor for free shipping). I guess I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Are you interested in just ordering one Razorock item? If so, I was able to find that Neroli soap for $7.48 shipped which is even lower than the stated $7.99 threshold. Or would you rather not pay shipping and get the products at the prices listed?

You have to pay shipping unless you order $60 or more from there (which is I think the lowest of any of the other generally preferred vendors' floor for free shipping). I guess I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Are you interested in just ordering one Razorock item? If so, I was able to find that Neroli soap for $7.48 shipped which is even lower than the stated $7.99 threshold. Or would you rather not pay shipping and get the products at the prices listed?
The Neroli is $10.94 shipped to me.
Shipped prices at $9.99 or less were nowhere to be found when I originally posted.
A day later Amazon started to show some of the old prices at or below $9.99 shipped.
So I would like to see the prices stay at $9.99 or below shipped, yes.
And to answer the question, I try to only buy one a month or so, just to try new product that I don't have in my collection. I already have a couple years worth of RR soap.

Last edited:
Shipped prices at $9.99 or less were nowhere to be found when I originally posted. A day later Amazon started to show some of the old prices at or below $9.99 shipped. So I would like to see the prices stay at $9.99 or below shipped, yes. And to answer the question, I try to only buy one a month or so, just to try new product that I don't have in my collection. I already have a couple years worth of RR soap.

But those Amazon prices are set by third-party vendors, not Razorock/Italian Barber. Unless, like I wrote, they are actually shell companies, which I don't see the point of doing.

In my opinion, its asking a lot of a vendor to ship one single product at that price point. The lowest price I can calculate from USPS, which IB uses through stamps.com, for sending a 7 oz (what I can gather is the shipping weight of one tub of RR soap, without any packing materials or the box itself) is $2.72 via Media Mail. It costs $3.34 via First Class. And this is just for the mailing costs; a vendor still has to purchase all the packing materials and the box itself (you can use flat rate Priority Mail with free boxes but that is $5.25). So you are asking that Italian Barber/RazoRock actually sell their product for less than asking price by holding them to $9.99 shipped.

But those Amazon prices are set by third-party vendors, not Razorock/Italian Barber. Unless, like I wrote, they are actually shell companies, which I don't see the point of doing.

In my opinion, its asking a lot of a vendor to ship one single product at that price point. The lowest price I can calculate from USPS, which IB uses through stamps.com, for sending a 7 oz (what I can gather is the shipping weight of one tub of RR soap, without any packing materials or the box itself) is $2.72 via Media Mail. It costs $3.34 via First Class. And this is just for the mailing costs; a vendor still has to purchase all the packing materials and the box itself (you can use flat rate Priority Mail with free boxes but that is $5.25). So you are asking that Italian Barber/RazoRock actually sell their product for less than asking price by holding them to $9.99 shipped.
No, I'm not asking them to do anything, the original post was merely a comment that Razorock is going up. That doesn't mean I want them to go out of business for my sake, it was merely an observation. And so far it appears to be non founded as I stated, the day after I posted the prices on Amazon went down from $11.50-$12.00 shipped to $9.99. I personally don't care who is selling at these prices. I'll buy from the merchant with the lowest price.

No, I'm not asking them to do anything, the original post was merely a comment that Razorock is going up. That doesn't mean I want them to go out of business for my sake, it was merely an observation. And so far it appears to be non founded as I stated, the day after I posted the prices on Amazon went down from $11.50-$12.00 shipped to $9.99. I personally don't care who is selling at these prices. I'll buy from the merchant with the lowest price.

That's true; I went too far down a rabbit shipping hole and lost track of the original point of this thread. I'm glad you're able to find what you're looking for. I think though that the implied point a lot of posters took from the OP ("It appears they [i.e. Razorock prices] are going up") was that this was a deliberate move by Italian Barber to raise prices rather than price-setting by third-party Amazon vendors.

That's true; I went too far down a rabbit shipping hole and lost track of the original point of this thread. I'm glad you're able to find what you're looking for. I think though that the implied point a lot of posters took from the OP ("It appears they [i.e. Razorock prices] are going up") was that this was a deliberate move by Italian Barber to raise prices rather than price-setting by third-party Amazon vendors.
I'm always on the lookout for creams and soaps under $10.00. IE Shaving has Lia cream for around $5.00 shipped to me right now for instance. But for soaps, I've never found a better value than Razorock.

I find the quality to the price outstanding. (Not to mention two for one on the tobacco, deals of the day, etc) Joseph always seems quite fair in his pricing. Shipping costs are what they are, buy $60 and it's free, or pay freight.

Wow, I was just thinking to myself the a few days ago when Razorock P160 was the deal of the day for $3.99 that it must be the best bang for the buck deal in wet shaving.

Razorock has a great business plan, and mission statement which revolves around valuing customers and not overcharging. I appreciate that greatly as a consumer.

If you want to complain about shipping, try living in Canada and ordering from the USA. I was going to order $40 worth of Stirling soaps the other day but couldn't justify paying over $70 because of shipping.

I've purchased 2 straight razors from people in the USA, paid $12 and $11 each for shipping. I purchased one from France, $7 for shipping. I purchased one from Italy, $8 for shipping.

Just making a point that ItalianBarber offers good deals on shipping to both Canada and the USA, I'm betting they lose money on shipping with what they charge.

Don't get me wrong, there are lots of other vendors who do similar things, I just don't think singling out Razorock is right when their prices and shipping don't seem to have changed much at all.

Doesn't Joe ship the products destined for the USA market from Niagara NY to avoid extra shipping charges from Canada. His customer service is top notch, first class.

I too am one of those 'complain about everything' sorts. But as to this.., what's another buck a soap? I have a personal limit of fifteen bucks, won't spend anymore than that on a good sized tub of anything, so that leaves open a lot of Razorock shopping.

It is best to bypass amazon and eBay and order from the vendor directly. EBay and Amazon fees are an additional expense that cut into thin margins. I suspect eBay and Amazon allow vendors to sell more product that helps with volume discounts from suppliers.

Prices fluctuate on amazon that is for sure.

More importantly though is that people need to realize that prices will go up simply due to inflation. Inflation is across the board though so razorock will still be comparatively cheap. You cannot expect it to always be under 10 though.

Edited the title for clarity BTW.

Top Bottom