What's new

RazoRock Lupo Club - The Pack

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wednesday, January 31 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 316 SSP- Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC for my shaving needs. One of my favorite DE razors that checks most of the boxes for enjoyable shaving. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(3) sharp and smooth + good longevity.
Soap : Razorock XXX , nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Bali" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. This looks like a chubby when it has bloomed, nice brush for my shaving needs.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX spash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Razorock Lupo.72 with a Perma-sharp blade.
SOTD Januray 31 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20240203_123406.jpg

Saturday shave😎

Razor: Lupo Aluminium
Blade: Super shave X Platinum (1)
Brush: Razorrock Big Bruce 24mm
Soap: Proraso Menthol/Eukalyptus
Music: Macroblank - flesh and soul

Simple 15min morningshave. Allthough there are plenty of soaps that outclasses Proraso in performance, few lathers up that fast and easy. No drama, end result 9/10👌

(Experimenting on whether Super shave X Platinum is a one-and-done blade or not. Price and performancewise it's topnotch, drawback is the longevity, might buy 1000 lol)

Happy shaves everybody😘

Solid second use of the Lupo 72. Solid 10/10. Loving it! My OCD has me extremely bothered by the squashed tube, but I travel for a living, and this tube has been in my travel kit (and the Gillette Sensor 2 razors I'm forced to use when working. . . best of the disposables for me though).

lupo.jpg

Ron R

DE SOTD, Wednesday February7th 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72 316 SSP- Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC. This razor gets used more than my other DE razors over the years from a large razor rotation collection. I seem to reach for my lupo.72 mid week regularly and that indicates I enjoy the shave it offers. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp (4) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier.
Soap : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, vanilla with light tobacco scents that is noticeable + excellent lather qualities. I enjoy this soap a lot the aftershave does not have enough Vanilla like the soap IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm 3band silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Very enjoyable brush to use, my first silvertip badger and impressive from day one. Bought on sale also.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Razorock Lupo.72 with a Perma-sharp blade.

SOTD Febuaruy 7 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Question for the mild razor lovers: how would you compare the Lupo 52 to the GC 68? And / or perhaps the Mamba 70? Has anyone got experience with either of these razors and can compare them? Comfort and efficiency? And bladefeel?

Ron R

DE SOTD, Wednesday, February 14th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72.- Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC. Very enjoyable close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma-sharp(3) sharp and smooth.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green" soap, nice natural scented with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Aqua" 24mm 3band high mountain silvertip badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Post shave : Yaqi The Green with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Lupo.72 and a Perma-sharp blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 14 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Question for the mild razor lovers: how would you compare the Lupo 52 to the GC 68? And / or perhaps the Mamba 70? Has anyone got experience with either of these razors and can compare them? Comfort and efficiency? And bladefeel?
I'll add my 2 cents. I have the Lupo 72, GC 68, Karve Overlander and Christopher Bradley (using the mildest B plate. Don't like the C and D). I do love a mild razor, and my newly acquired Lupo 72 is on its way to becoming my favourite. A little more blade feel that the GC, but gets the job done better for me, I even did a side by side with the GC today. The Karve Overlander is probably the easiest and smoothest in autolpilot mode, but the Lupo seems to be more enjoyable to use.

Ron R

DE SOTD, Wednesday, February 21st 2024

Razor : Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72 316 SSP head- Mfg Jan 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC. One of my favorite DE razors + excellent performance with a mature hand technique works well for my self. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with a fresh Nacet makes for a nice shave.
Blade : Gillette Nacet(1) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity.
Soap : Speick stick- nice mild spicy lavender soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm synthetic knot G4? Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very close 2band badger feel for a synthetic IMO.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Lupo.72 razor with a Nacet blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 21 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Lupo 95 SB, Bic CP (1). A protective soap, like Zingari is needed to avoid irritation, because (to me) this is quite an efficient combo. Only minor feedback from the splash which is totally acceptable given the results.
I haven't used the 95 SB in a while, it is such a joy, this thing shaves by itself.
P.s.: not to forget the haloed UFO handle. I'm a sucker for the looks and it works well too.
1708602776755.png

Ron R

SOTD, Wednesday, February 28th 2024

Razor : Razorock Lupo.72 316 SSP- Mfg 2021>, mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC for my shaving needs. One of my favorite DE razors that checks most of the boxes for enjoyable shaving. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Nacet (4) sharp and smooth + good longevity.
Soap : Cyril R Salter cream Wild Rose, nice rose scented cream and easy to make lather + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Another nice brush to use for my shaving needs.
Post shave : Italian Barber Amici(AKA= Razorock) with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Razorock Lupo.72 with a Gillette Nacet blade.
SOTD Febuaruy 28 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Very nice and an impressive razor lineup you've gathered. Glad to hear it's working for you.

Just an FYI, if you know a machinist, you can have them cut that Ti handle at the first or second groove below the narrow point if you favor a shorter length.

I grabbed this photo from our friend @Raven Koenes shave journal.

View attachment 1788403
Turned the handle down last night on my friends lathe. Much better!

handle.jpg

How would you describe the differences between the 95 SB and OC? I have the 95 SB and like it, but if the OC is better….
I realize I never responded to you.

The OC has more contact points with the blade which increases blade rigidity, or decreases blade flex however you want to put it. I think the SB has 5 contact points, the OC contacts the blade at every comb point.

It’s not a massive difference, but it’s there. Other than that, I don’t necessarily believe it’s more aggressive.

If you never experience tugging from the blade flexing, you probably won’t see much difference. I have a fairly coarse beard, so I’m pretty sensitive to it.

Top Bottom