What's new

RazoRock Game Changer just keeps getting better

Love my RR Game Changer. I have been liking longer handles on my razors and put a Maggards handle on my Game Changer and I swear it really seems to improve the shave.

I do like the original handle I had on it but now I seem to be only grabbing the GC.

It looks great as well.

Has swapping handles on any of your razors really made you like them even more?

The 84p is my new favorite and it really blew me away at how great of a razor it was. I prefer a heavy razor and love the feel of the barber pole handle on it. But I also really like the older radio knob handle about as well. But yes a heavier handle has done wonders for some razors.

In fact I’d like to pick up a couple more barber pole handles for other razor heads. Strangely I have 2 styles of barberpole handles from Razorock. They look almost identical but one has very mild knurling and the other fairly aggressive. I’m not sure which one is the newest design because these were picked up second hand. I’m hoping the more heavily knurled ones are newer and still being sold.

I used to prefer longer handles when I first got into DE a few months ago but a good heavy mid sized handle seems best for me anymore in the 3.5” area. I thought I’d love the Razorock Super Knurl but it’s my least favorite. I believe it would be a great handle if they didn’t add the circular grooves towards the end of it. And the HD is a tad short but still an amazing handle.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I thought I’d love the Razorock Super Knurl but it’s my least favorite. I believe it would be a great handle if they didn’t add the circular grooves towards the end of it. And the HD is a tad short but still an amazing handle.
The Alpha Viper is a less raspy knurling version, you might like that. Alternatively, the Timeless Ti Crown handle is almost always a very good choice. A bit pricey though.

That viper looks like it may have the same issue with the circular cutouts but I’m not sure if it would be a issue if held in the hand. I don’t think I’d like the crown handle and would prefer a SS over titanium anyways since I like the extra weight.

I will likely try out a few more handles like these as the years go on but I find the Razorock handles outstanding for $15-20. I really like heavier knurling but am open to trying new designs.

Edited to add - the timeless pineapple looks interesting and I imagine I’d either love it or hate it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've always preferred longer handles on my razors, but generally use titanium to keep the weight down. My GC .84 OC has a Parker handle on it however...it's mostly black with some chrome accents. Great razor.

I had the opportunity to try several different handles on my GC .68-P and found I liked the thin RR Vintage handle over both a thicker custom titanium handle and the RR HD handle.

I was surprised, since most of the members here seem to prefer the fatter handles. But after trying them all (but not actually shaving) I preferred the lighter weight and the balance of the Vintage Thin handle. I would have put money on liking the Ti handle the most because titanium magic! But no. Although that was a longer (90mm-ish) handle too.

Here's the vintage thin (10mm x 76mm) and the vintage thick (13mm x 76mm) handles side by side.

1665108346749.png

Granted, I'm a pretty inexperienced wetshaver. A year from now I may feel differently and regret this post.

90 Day Fiance Ed GIF by TLC Europe

I had the opportunity to try several different handles on my GC .68-P and found I liked the thin RR Vintage handle over both a thicker custom titanium handle and the RR HD handle.

I was surprised, since most of the members here seem to prefer the fatter handles. But after trying them all (but not actually shaving) I preferred the lighter weight and the balance of the Vintage Thin handle. I would have put money on liking the Ti handle the most because titanium magic! But no. Although that was a longer (90mm-ish) handle too.

Here's the vintage thin (10mm x 76mm) and the vintage thick (13mm x 76mm) handles side by side.
Granted, I'm a pretty inexperienced wetshaver. A year from now I may feel differently and regret this post.

90 Day Fiance Ed GIF by TLC Europe
Those are two I haven’t tested yet. I think I’d like the thin but it’s a tad short and light for my liking. I also haven’t tried the ball end for the same reason. I do have a titanium one that I absolutely do not like - way to slick feeling and not as heavy.

The vintage thick may be a tad 1mm? too thick.

lasta

Blade Biter
Those are two I haven’t tested yet. I think I’d like the thin but it’s a tad short and light for my liking. I also haven’t tried the ball end for the same reason. I do have a titanium one that I absolutely do not like - way to slick feeling and not as heavy.

The vintage thick may be a tad 1mm? too thick.
The thick is a tad too thick haha, I wish they copied the original instead of make 2 version but both missing the mark.

That being said, the sleek but wide headed Game Changer handles the thick bar well. Not so good on smaller vintages though.
Image_20221005153605.jpg

The razor I used for the longest period of time was my Merkur 25c. It's now one of my son's razors -- along with a clone (dare I say) of it in the form of a RR Old Type head + a Maggard's MR18 handle. I have a spare MR18 handle and a few unopened SLOC heads set aside, but I have gravitated towards shorter handles over the recent years. My current favorite is the RazoRock "HD" handle, followed by the barberpole, then the bulldog. I might have to try one of those thick/short "vintage" style RR handles, someday. Here's a comparison shot of a few of these... .68OC, .84P, SLOC, and old Type and the above-mentioned assortment of handles.
handles and heads.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom