What's new

Razorock Game Changer 0.68 P

Hi All

I picked up a Game Changer 0.68 P from a fellow B&B'er and shaved with it yesterday.

First off some history

Ive been wetshaving with a DE, 6 days a week from 2013 till Summer of 2019. At that point i made a big change and switched back to carts after using one on a business trip. BEFORE you all scream in horror, I had such a great shave i went down the rabbit hole of trying various vintage cart razor (Trac II, Atra and Sensor). I steered clear of the 4,5 or more blade monstrosities.

I have posted many times on B&B sub forums that my fav razor currently is a Gillette Sensor with vintage NOS sensor (non lube) cartridges.

Using good face prep, soaps, brush etc i can get fantastic shaves from a twin blade cart with no irritation or ingrown hairs.

Recently started trying vintage injector razors as well and get great shaves with them too. They seem to be a middle ground between DE and Carts.

Now to the present. I was on the BST and saw @shotgun233 offering a RR Game Changer 68 and since i dont own a Stainless Steel razor i jumped on it.

I generally prefer mild razors and shave with a Fatboy or Slim adjustable on the 3 or 4 setting.

Well yesterday i loaded up one of my Personna blades (UK blue packs) and using proraso white pre shave and stirling island man soap.

Despite not having used a DE in over a year i had no difficulty finding the angle and had a great shave with just a couple weepers (mostly due to being a bit rusty with my technique). I love how mild this razor feels. You can barely feel the blade on your face.
It has a wonderful heavy but balanced feel to it.

3 pass shave with a DFS which is what i generally shoot for with all my shaves.

TLDR: I really like this razor. Its mild and smooth yet able to get a DFS in 3 passes with no issues.

I bought a used .84 sb and immediately bought another one, plus a .68 sb plate. I'll probably pick up more plates as they become available, but I could use the 84 sb exclusively and be completely happy.

Nice review, but...

A Gillette Sensor is vintage? Man I'm old :)
proxy.php

Top Bottom