What's new

Razorock DLC Lupo

I picked one up the last time it became available about two weeks ago. I know it was said that there will be only 100 of these made and the initial release sold out very quickly and so I am believing that these releases are all small batches and the 100 razor run has not been completed yet. Having shaved with it, and comparing it to my aluminum Lupo, I have to say that the weight of the razor does change the shave characteristics and make it a better razor overall.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just got a DLC Lupo on the BST. Gave it a workout today with a new Polsilver. For my first time with this razor, I thought it was quite excellent. Nice close shave. Fairly smooth. I feel like this razor will shave you well at any angle, but the comfort would be affected when you dont have the angle in the sweet spot. As I experimented with the angle a bit, i felt more and less blade, even though the shave efficiency remained pretty consistent. Overall this is a really nice razor, and i imagine it will stay in my rotation for a while. I have never had any issues with DLC, and I like the handle shape. So all is well in Lupo Land.

The DLC Stainless Lupo is my favorite Razorock razor. I sold my .84 Gamechanger, .84 Open Comb and Jaws after getting the Lupo. Its just a smoother shaver for me in all aspects.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
The DLC Stainless Lupo is my favorite Razorock razor. I sold my .84 Gamechanger, .84 Open Comb and Jaws after getting the Lupo. Its just a smoother shaver for me in all aspects.

I cant see myself ever selling my .84 GC. It is just a smooth efficient pleasure to use. Besides, I dont seem to get rid of any razors, except when i PIF them to new wet shavers. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
We seem to like all the same stuff, so I’m sure I’ll get along with this one too!

I'm pretty sure you will like the DLC Lupo. Smooth and efficient.

Blades I've tried in the DLC Lupo so far:

Wizamet Super Iridium
Elios Inoxidable

Both worked very nicely.

When the DLC Lupo comes up in rotation again, I think I'll try either a Kai or a Personna (Israeli Platinum Red or Med Prep). :)

For those interested, Razorock will be coming out with a Stainless Steel Lupo without the DLC in the future. I'm not sure about the time frame but Joe did comment this on one of CDB's videos.

I look forward to getting a DLC, or the yet-to-be-released SS Lupo. I keep missing out on the DLC releases.
I think the DLC may get discontinued after the SS version is released. It will be cheaper based on what was said from IB, and they may be doing some improvements on the head over the original. I am very happy with the DLC one, and probably will only consider the SS version if the changes made are substantial.

I think the DLC may get discontinued after the SS version is released. It will be cheaper based on what was said from IB, and they may be doing some improvements on the head over the original. I am very happy with the DLC one, and probably will only consider the SS version if the changes made are substantial.
That's very interesting news. Do you recall when IB said that? Based on that information, I'll wait & try my luck when the SS comes out. I just hope they release more than 100 at a time.

That's very interesting news. Do you recall when IB said that? Based on that information, I'll wait & try my luck when the SS comes out. I just hope they release more than 100 at a time.
Changes on the head were confirmed by Joe on a DM on IG; I asked because I just wanted to know if it was worth getting if I already had the DLC. He has not mentioned anything on the DLC being discontinued, but based on previous releases it may be the case. I think that shifting resources to the new SS lupo's production would make sense from a productivity stand point specially if they are improving the head.

Changes on the head were confirmed by Joe on a DM on IG; I asked because I just wanted to know if it was worth getting if I already had the DLC. He has not mentioned anything on the DLC being discontinued, but based on previous releases it may be the case. I think that shifting resources to the new SS lupo's production would make sense from a productivity stand point specially if they are improving the head.

Hi Jax,

By chance did Joe articulate what specific changes might be made on the upcoming, non DLC, Lupo stainless steel head? I wonder if it is related to the blade gap, or if it might be something else.

Best,
John

Hi Jax,

By chance did Joe articulate what specific changes might be made on the upcoming, non DLC, Lupo stainless steel head? I wonder if it is related to the blade gap, or if it might be something else.

Best,
John
He did not, and I did not want to press for specifics. It could go many different ways, I can only venture three drastically different guesses. I guess not being DLC coated would give room for different handles options, and introducing a new design exclusive to it would be a good start. as far as the head goes, the first would be an approach like the one taken with the mamba and make slight improvements while staying true to its design, I tried to come up with examples, but the head is so low profile, and well made that I cannot see how it could be improved. The second path would be to increase the blade gap, as people have been saying that it is rather mild, and they would like something more aggressive, and the last and maybe most unpopular would be to go in the direction of the WR2. I personally think that the first scenario is the most likely to happen since further changing the head's design would make it a new razor inspired by the WR1 rather than a clone. Last, I have no issues with any options as long as it provides a different shave to the razors I already own, if he increases the blade gap, I may not go for it as I bought this one as a mild alternative to my other razors, If the changes are too subtle then I think it would be close to having two of the same razor, and even though I would enjoy a shiny one, I don't think is a smart buy for me, and last if it goes the WR2 way then I may be curious about it, but not as exited.

He did not, and I did not want to press for specifics. It could go many different ways, I can only venture three drastically different guesses. I guess not being DLC coated would give room for different handles options, and introducing a new design exclusive to it would be a good start. as far as the head goes, the first would be an approach like the one taken with the mamba and make slight improvements while staying true to its design, I tried to come up with examples, but the head is so low profile, and well made that I cannot see how it could be improved. The second path would be to increase the blade gap, as people have been saying that it is rather mild, and they would like something more aggressive, and the last and maybe most unpopular would be to go in the direction of the WR2. I personally think that the first scenario is the most likely to happen since further changing the head's design would make it a new razor inspired by the WR1 rather than a clone. Last, I have no issues with any options as long as it provides a different shave to the razors I already own, if he increases the blade gap, I may not go for it as I bought this one as a mild alternative to my other razors, If the changes are too subtle then I think it would be close to having two of the same razor, and even though I would enjoy a shiny one, I don't think is a smart buy for me, and last if it goes the WR2 way then I may be curious about it, but not as exited.

Thanks for the reply! I guess time will tell if the head is revised or not. Of course, if it is a blade gap change, it will be subjective whether it is seen as an improvement or not, as one size rarely fits all. YMMV. Stay safe!

Top Bottom