What's new

Razorock DLC Lupo

>>> Do you have an aluminum Lupo? I was wondering (and hoping) that they shave identical.

I own both and feel they shave differently. The Aluminum is smoother and milder. The DLC feels more aggressive and can bite. I believe it has a lot to do with the weight difference. The head is a lot heavier on the DLC. I was hoping for a silver stainless steel version but that's not the case. Both are very nice razors just that one is milder and more carefree to use than the other.

>>> Do you have an aluminum Lupo? I was wondering (and hoping) that they shave identical.

I own both and feel they shave differently. The Aluminum is smoother and milder. The DLC feels more aggressive and can bite. I believe it has a lot to do with the weight difference. The head is a lot heavier on the DLC. I was hoping for a silver stainless steel version but that's not the case. Both are very nice razors just that one is milder and more carefree to use than the other.

Didn't get the aluminum precisely because of the light weight, just happy they restocked the dlc one. I currently shave with a game changer 84p OC so as long as it is not more aggressive than that I think I will be happy with it.

Does the SS DLC Lupo habe a different thread? I have a problem getting the head on different handles?
No idea, but Razorock does offer now the halo handle on DLC coating which seems to be a bit more appealing than the one it comes with. I did not order the handle as I think I can live with the stock one.

Damn I wished it was the Super Knurl...
I basically know nothing about the DLC coating, but it seems to me that knurling may affect the coating in some way, or something on the coating process may make it more difficult to a knurled piece. I think that the halo handle is more aesthetically appealing than the stock handle and right now seems to be the only alternative, but considering what has been said about the head not fitting other handles I would check with IB before ordering.

Had my SS DLC Lupo for a week now and first impressions are crazy good. It is weird to say, but it’s almost like the DLC coating makes me slow down my shave. I love how slim the head is. Granted I’ve only shaved with it for 3 days, but I tried going back to my charcoal goods SS lvl 2 this morning and while it had smoother strokes face feel wise, it was not as efficient for me as the Lupo. The result of 3 passes with the CG was achieved with 2 passes of the lupo and left my face feeling less irritated. Both razors using a persona med prep blade. Mine came with the leatherish pouch that zips. And I just tried it with a SS razorock barberpole, CG brass, and Weber SS handle and they all fit the head just fine. (I do like the stock handle tho, been looking for the CG version of it for a while now) For me and my face this razor has somehow rocketed up to #1. I’m probably going to get the aluminum soon to give that a try also.

Had my SS DLC Lupo for a week now and first impressions are crazy good. It is weird to say, but it’s almost like the DLC coating makes me slow down my shave. I love how slim the head is. Granted I’ve only shaved with it for 3 days, but I tried going back to my charcoal goods SS lvl 2 this morning and while it had smoother strokes face feel wise, it was not as efficient for me as the Lupo. The result of 3 passes with the CG was achieved with 2 passes of the lupo and left my face feeling less irritated. Both razors using a persona med prep blade. Mine came with the leatherish pouch that zips. And I just tried it with a SS razorock barberpole, CG brass, and Weber SS handle and they all fit the head just fine. (I do like the stock handle tho, been looking for the CG version of it for a while now) For me and my face this razor has somehow rocketed up to #1. I’m probably going to get the aluminum soon to give that a try also.
Mine still has not arrived, with it having to get all the way down to Colombia and so, but I thought that in theory the DLC could help to maintain a good shaving angle being that the safety bar is so wide, and the head is such low profile a little resistance may help it to stay on that sweet spot. Mine gets here either tomorrow or Monday, but to be honest I am glad to hear such positive review, and knowing that all things shaving are YMMV, so I wont be able to tell until I actually shave with it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

In my opinion, the RR DLC Lupo is an outstanding razor. :)

Top Bottom