What's new

Razorock comparison?

Have a quick question that I did not find with the search function.

I have been offered a RR SLOC head from a friend. I currently shave with a gamechanger .68p. Is the SLOC head more aggressive or significantly different enough to offer a different experience?

Thanks for your time.

I have been offered a RR SLOC head from a friend. I currently shave with a gamechanger .68p. Is the SLOC head more aggressive or significantly different enough to offer a different experience?

Thanks for your time.
here you go :)

Reactions: OB1
That's a great chart! Sure would like to know where some of the common, non-RR razors would fall on the scale -- such as the Merkur 34, EJ DE89, Muhle 41, etc.
Not sure if this is an exact sience but the 34HD and De89 are close together on the mild end and the R41 in its current iteration is up there or slightly below with .95 Lupos.

Ivan @ivan_101 is it still old R41/Lupo SB/Lupo OC for you?

Reactions: tm3
Not sure if this is an exact sience but the 34HD and De89 are close together on the mild end and the R41 in its current iteration is up there or slightly below with .95 Lupos.

That colour diagram is definitely not right, at least in terms of closeness of shave. Look where the Mentor, the German 37 Slant and the Mission are. All 3 give a closer shave for me compared to the Lupo 95 OC, 95SB and the GC .84OC.

Both R41 2013 and the latest R41 in the last few years give me a closer shave compared to Lupo .95 OC and Lupo 95SB. The biggest joke is that the Lupo 95SB shaves my whiskers closer than the Lupo 95OC.

Thanks for your time.
The SLOC is a mild, comfortable razor, despite being an open comb. I'd say it's close to the DE89 in aggressiveness. You could probably use it every day.

That colour diagram is definitely not right, at least in terms of closeness of shave. Look where the Mentor, the German 37 Slant and the Mission are. All 3 give a closer shave for me compared to the Lupo 95 OC, 95SB and the GC .84OC.

Both R41 2013 and the latest R41 in the last few years give me a closer shave compared to Lupo .95 OC and Lupo 95SB. The biggest joke is that the Lupo 95SB shaves my whiskers closer than the Lupo 95OC.
My only RR is the Eco so I can’t compare the others. Green Cult and 2013 R41 are on the same level so it’s a decision between total clamping vs. chatter.

I'm not trying to debate one way or the other as far as whether a particular razor is mild, aggressive or whatever as yes this certainly is an inexact science. My point, that I didn't really explain well, is that I'd like to see whoever put that chart together add some of the "mainstream" razors in for reference.

To me, it is more helpful to have a particular individual who has used 3 different razors rank them 1-2-3 in terms of mildness than it is to have 3 different users each describe how mild each razor is to them, not having used the other two.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@Jayson74 ,

I have a Yaqi Mellon - same razor as the RazoRock SLOC so far as can be seen - and a RazoRock Game Changer JAWS 0.84 - more or less like any other Game Changer only with cute, cartoonish teeth. The Yaqi Mellon is much more mild, but its ability to hold more water due its Grand Shave King-inspired design is a different sensation. The Yaqi Mellon also has exposed blade tabs so using it near one’s ears or nose isn’t as carefree as with a Game Changer.

My only RR is the Eco so I can’t compare the others.

If you buy more, we won’t judge. Well… …if you buy more and that doesn’t include a Wunderbar with HD handle if a new batch is produced, we won’t judge. In that case, everyone but me wouldn’t.

Top Bottom