4090Hinano_Paul
4292Quigg
43taborcarn93
44RazoRock94
45AmphibCWO95lowjax
46sgtd96
47Mapster97
49Acmemfg99

looks like a awesome brush kinda sad i missed out now. i saw a posting from someone somewhere with a link to a similar knotted brush with a different handle design? i think a limited edition. anyone know who was the place that still had those

According to the Canada Post tracking site, at 07:27 this morning.... My Amici is out in transit for delivery. I can hardly wait. Will also be trying the new XXX. I wasn't a fan of the old, but my taste have changed significantly over the last 2 years. Here's hoping...otherwise someone will have to buy this tub of XXX as well. (Looks at Bruce)

I haven't used mine yet except to palm lather it, but wanted to comment on how heavy, in a nice way, the handle feels and how great the shape is. It fits very nicely into my hand. Looking forward to using it on my face in a couple days ... gonna plam lather it a couple more times before shaving with it.

Used my Amici for the first time this morning along with Christmas in Tuscany. A little funk noticed, but not bad. Very scritchy, so it'll need some time to break in. I didn't get the lather I expected from CIT, but I attribute that to the new soap/brush combo, and I'm sure I'll get it right next time. I love the handle and it's heft and feel in my hand. This could very well start me down the path of a brush acquisition disorder. I have three now, and I can see that I like each for their different qualities.

For those of you who haven't tried the Christmas in Tuscany yet, it's a fabulous scent. I'm not very good at describing complex scents, but to say it smells like Christmas cake is entertainingly accurate. It brought me back to my childhood. I'm sitting here at my desk at work on my lunch hour, and I'm still getting a mild scent almost 5 hours after I shaved...it's wonderful!

Alright..jury is in.

So, the Amici is a nice brush. It is not the Holy Grail, or Excalibur, or the Honus Wagner baseball card, or the Shroud of Turin. It is a fine brush for anyone who would like a dense (only my Simpson Colonel is more so), not-so-soft..not-so-prickly, well balanced (but a tad hefty, which I prefer) shave instrument. I can say that for the price it is far from a bargain but considering it is a limited edition item, I'm not gonna say it is over-priced either. The only other downside I see is I think the sticker is....I don't know, tacky? Pedestrian? Cheezy? No worries there though. When I am so inclined a few minutes in some warm water and an index fingernail will make short work of that if/when I am so inclined. In all, I am pleased with the purchase and grateful Joe afforded us all the chance to buy this brush.

Now..let's talk about the ABCBA...Egad, this is one fine tub of soap! Smooth, easy to lather and smells great. For the price you surely get a LOT of it as well. Great value, great performance. Possibly one of the best 3 soaps I have ever put a brush to. Yeah, it IS that good. As a side benefit...if there were any unpleasant aroma coming from the Amici, I never smelled it; the wonderful almond scent of the ABCBA took care of that issue di di mau.........hopefully some may find its way on B/S/T for those who were late to the party.

Alright..jury is in.

So, the Amici is a nice brush. It is not the Holy Grail, or Excalibur

Here's the Excalibur.

I meant a 2 band Semogue and Excalibur boar.....
proxy.php

I found the Amici in my mailbox today. 9/100. I took a photo with my phone camera but it's too blurry to see the numbers. The brush, my block of ABCBA, and my new tub of XXX were immediately confiscated by SWMBO to given back to me as a Christmas present. Now I have something to really look forward to on the 25th. I haven't been this excited since I was five. Thanks for the opportunity, Joe.

whats the line they all seem to have on the bottom? at first i thought the one i saw it on might have got scratched but im seeing it on most of them now. i know im a bit ocd but i had to ask.

whats the line they all seem to have on the bottom? at first i thought the one i saw it on might have got scratched but im seeing it on most of them now. i know im a bit ocd but i had to ask.

Hadn't noticed it until you side it but the line goes all the way on both sides of the handle. Like it was two pieces glued together. Doesn't look bad and I can't feel it when I touch it.

It looks to me like the handle is two pieces glued together. I'm afraid it might drive me crazy. Darn you OCD!!

I thought it was injection molding? Not sure though. I do not know a whole lot about manufacturing. It was just very easy to tell that there is no way this was made on a lathe. I think this is what makes the brush so unique. Especially since the handle is of such high quality.

I thought it was injection molding? Not sure though. I do not know a whole lot about manufacturing. It was just very easy to tell that there is no way this was made on a lathe. I think this is what makes the brush so unique. Especially since the handle is of such high quality.

It doesn't really look like an injection molded seam to me. If it was injection molded, shame on them for not buffing it out

i have just read these are not turned and that the carvella (sorry if i spelled it wrong) was the same way with 2 halves put together. also most said the handle was molded and not turned.

Top Bottom