What's new

Razor WIP...

I will be interested to hear how the edge is retained if you decide to hone it flat. The finished product looks very nice. Thank you for sharing the process with us.

Lookin good Tom. Saw this awhile back on USN and forgot about it. I am just now getting into straights and now I want one of these bad. Keep up the good work.

R

Rsq

What's your method for keeping the grind symmetrical and even? Is it just one controlled pass on one side, then on the other? Do you have a rig for keeping the angle consistent?

I just had a bit of a learning experience on my first, which is close to acceptable, but not quite. I kept bending the edge from the center, and in attempting to fix it, I ended up not getting straight grind lines. I am working on my second, which is coming along better, but I am wondering about the technique you use, as yours looks very professional.

RSQ, basically I will use an angled platten to set my center line. Then I grind one side to approx. where I want it and grind the other side to match.

I'll try and do a W.I.P. on my next straight.

Tom

Very nice job! Have you shaved with it yet? I have not shaved with anything close to that big, but it looks well balanced from the pics.

Tom, thanks for sharing your work. Your talent and love for craftsmanship shines with this straight razor. Congratulations.

Top Bottom