What's new

Razor used in "The Graduate"

I'm new to B&B so this has been asked before somewhere - It looks like Dustin Hoffman is using a Fatboy....in recent years, maybe that same razor has worked its way on to Ebay!

I'm new to B&B so this has been asked before somewhere - It looks like Dustin Hoffman is using a Fatboy....in recent years, maybe that same razor has worked its way on to Ebay!

Find us a clip and we'll positively ID that sucker. There's also a thread around here on "shaving in the movies". I wonder where those razors ended up?

By the handle thickness, it has the chunky look of a fatboy (IMO).
Over a year ago, I saw somewhere on the web a sale from a Hollwood props supplier claiming to have the mug and brush used in "The Godfather" movies
selling in the $75-$150 range...If Dustin's razor was for sale with autheticity paperwork and a Fatboy also!!!

V

VR6ofpain

I am 100% sure that is a Slim in the upper right and bottom photos.

It is a Slim. No doubt.

But the real question is what kind of blade is he using?:lol:

Your right John, It's a Slime without a doubt but I am surprised at you for asking what blade he's using. Why it's an inviso-blade of coarse....:001_rolle

I think you can still get them in WCS sample pack III.

Wow I can't beleive this came up with the google search lol. I was just watching it. Now who's hotter Elaine or Mrs. Robinson?

In the upper right hand pic you can see the underside of a silo door. If a blade was loaded, the little "flap" on either side of the blade would block out the door. But did I really need to point that out to know that it was a "Hollywood" shave?:wink2:

EDIT: On closer examination, it's not as clear as I first thought, but I'm still betting on no blade:tongue_sm

Last edited:
This thread is testament to just how dorky we all really are here (myself included). And I mean that in the nicest possible way. :tongue_sm

My F-3 and G-1 Fatboys have the solid end nut with no notches...the pic where the end of the handle is shown has knurling all the way up to the first band - a pedestrian slim - not the glamorous Fatboy. Darn!

Top Bottom