What's new

Razor suggestion

The wife has been using the lady gilette blue star for a couple of years now. She recently came to me and asked if I knew of a longer or more ergonomic razor that she could use. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Maybe a Schick Krona. Has a longish handle that she might like. Does she prefer longer handles or heavier razors?

A lot of ladies seem to like the Merkur 23c. It is a three piece razor with a longer handle. Very light and maneuverable.

I got a Merkur 25c (same as 23c except open comb) and used it for a short time but now prefer the Merkur 38c. It's a rather heavy razor, but it has a long handle. I actually find it easier to shave with a heavier razor, since the razor does all the work, rather than need for any pressure.

She may not like the 38c, due to the weight, but I just shaved my armpits, arms and legs with no nicks or weepers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The wife has been using the lady gilette blue star for a couple of years now. She recently came to me and asked if I knew of a longer or more ergonomic razor that she could use. Any suggestions?
The Lady Gillette is a long handled razor; how much longer are you talking about and why?
The Parker 29L is a TTO with highly textured long handle so may be worth considering.
In terms of ergonomic, again I wonder what particular properties she had in mind.

A lot of ladies seem to like the Merkur 23c. It is a three piece razor with a longer handle. Very light and maneuverable.

My daughter loved her 23C until she left it in the shower at university and someone took it and I loaned her my Merkur 1904.

I have a brand new 23C waiting for her for Christmas.

The Rockwell 6s or 6c would be a very good suggestion.
Very safe and comfortable to use.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Check out Maggard razors. They have a ton of handle options and a chart showing the lengths and weights of the handles. That will also allow her to mix and match razor heads.

Merkur 23C is a great choice. Another is the Lord L6 - it has a long aluminum handle that fits the bill perfectly. And if she doen't like it, it cost less than 10 bucks, so no big loss.

Would the Gillette Super Adjustable 109 be too short? Great razor, that.

They are about the same length.

proxy.php

Gillette Slim Twist is a great razor I'd recommend. I think it's around the same height but it's a very nice razor.

The Lady Gillette is a long handled razor; how much longer are you talking about and why?
The Parker 29L is a TTO with highly textured long handle so may be worth considering.
In terms of ergonomic, again I wonder what particular properties she had in mind.
That's also what I'd like to know. In my case it wasn't so much the length of the handle, but it was a heavier weight razor that I preferred. I also like a Merkur Progress long handled version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm also wondering what Mrs. bsohm means by "longer or more ergonomic". Does she want both qualities or just one or the other?

Also, since the Parker 29L is almost a clone of the Lady Gillette, maybe she's looking for something that feels completely different. Maybe something heavier?

Top Bottom