What's new

Rate the Escher

How do you rate the Escher as a Finisher?

• Better than Coticule

• Worse than Coticule

• Better than N12k

• Worse than N12K

• Better than Shapton 16/30K

• Worse than Shapton 16/30K

• Better than Jnat

• Worse than Jnat

• Better than Charnley Forest`

• Worse than Charnley Forest

Results are only viewable after voting.
I recently bought a vintage Escher. I find the real value of the hone is the ease with which you can add a smooth and sharp edge to a razor. So lets put it up against some popular hones.

Better than Coti or N12k. Jnats is waaaaay too broad a range to judge. Shaptons and Charnley I don't have enough experience with to make a call yet.

You really shouldn't compare a natural to a synthetic and there are different grades of eschers and natural stones tend to vary in quality over time.

So it's not so easy compare them as you have set out.

You really shouldn't compare a natural to a synthetic and there are different grades of eschers and natural stones tend to vary in quality over time.

So it's not so easy compare them as you have set out.
So what you mean is that our miles might vary??

I love me a good Escher finish!
But I also love a good coti finish & good J-nat finish.
And believe it or not but I love the 30K shapton finish.
I guess my miles vary too...

I voted all options.:tongue_sm

Once the nail is in the wall, I find it impossible to see which hammer nailed it.

Kind regards,
Bart.

i am sorry but this is stupid, there are 2 many variables
here are some
the biggest is the 1]type of person you are
and also 2} how much money you can spend
the 3]time you have
and did i mention4]the type of person you are.

As a finisher I like it better than any other but that being said all those options can put amazing edges on a razor anyway.:tongue_sm

I won't comment on any given hone being better than another. We assess hones based primarily on the edges they produce. Which hone produces the edge you like best is the best hone.

Top Bottom