What's new

Question on the Semogue Mistura Boar brush

Are the bristles on the Semogue Mistura Boar brush the same as the bristles on the Semogue SOC boar with the wooden handle?

Are the bristles on the Semogue Mistura Boar brush the same as the bristles on the Semogue SOC boar with the wooden handle?
I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a Mistura boar. All the Misturas are a mix of boar (Special 90% tops) and two-band badger.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Mistura is the Portuguese word for 'mixture'. As stated above they are a mix of boar and badger, that said, the boar component could be composed of the same bristle as the boar SOC.

Here is a link to Maggards for a Boar Mistura brush. All boar.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding

That is indeed an all boar brush but it is not the mistura model, it is the SOC model. The mistura is a totally different brush; here is an example with the Taj resin handle:

Semogue Mistura Badger & Boar Taj Handle Shaving Brush - https://www.westcoastshaving.com/products/semogue-mistura-badger-and-boar-taj-handle-shaving-brush

sm.jpg

Nowhere in this listing is "Mistura" quoted. It is the SOC boar brush. I have not tried it, but from what I was told it is a great brush.

So to answer my own question, I guess the bristles are the same as a SOC with a wooden handle since it is a SOC with the fake ivory handle. I guess the increase in price is for the handle.

So to answer my own question, I guess the bristles are the same as a SOC with a wooden handle since it is a SOC with the fake ivory handle. I guess the increase in price is for the handle.

Yes, that's correct. The bristles are the same.

Mistura is the Portuguese word for 'mixture'. As stated above they are a mix of boar and badger, that said, the boar component could be composed of the same bristle as the boar SOC.

+1! This is also my understanding. The Mistura is very tempting, based on the reviews!! :clap: :clap:

Top Bottom