What's new

Question about comparing WR2 and Timeless

I own WR2s in a 1.25 all the way to 1.55. I also own the Timeless Ti .95 polished, and the Karve SS and brass in plates D-G. I’ve owned and sold Blackbirds in both stainless and Ti. YMMV, but I find the Ti .95 SB and WR2 1.35SB shave at about the same level of efficiency, with the WR2 being slightly smoother. I find the Karve G more efficient than both and as smooth as both, probably smoother than the Timeless Ti. For my face, the Karve G and the WR2 1.55 shave at about the same level of efficiency and smoothness. I find the more efficient plates in the Karve and Wolf to be basically as smooth as the less efficient plates. But, all three of these razors are just remarkably smooth and efficient shavers. I’m an outlier on B&B, but I found all of the above to shave more efficiently than the Blackbird, although it was beautiful and very smooth. Again, most people do not have the same experience with the Blackbird.

Hope my subjective experience gives you some meaningful data in your search for the perfect setup for you.

Happy shaves,

Rusty

Top Bottom