What's new

Quality umbrella

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

The perfect umbrella for the Zombie Apocalypse.

If you want an umbrella that really works (tested in a wind tunnel), try a SENZ: http://www.senzumbrellas.com/

I have no doubt those are extremely effective, but I could never use one without laughing at myself for doing so. I'm a traditional gear sort of guy and it's just too much of a break from the traditional look for me.

My Oertel arrives tomorrow according to UPS.

I have no doubt those are extremely effective, but I could never use one without laughing at myself for doing so. I'm a traditional gear sort of guy and it's just too much of a break from the traditional look for me.

My Oertel arrives tomorrow according to UPS.

Let us know what you think!

I have a davek. I would prefer a more traditional looking umbrella but I can tuck the davek in my briefcase so that I'm always preparead.

the quality is great!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Package arrived today from UPS looking like it had walked to my house from Germany before being used to pry open a vault.
Opened it up and the shaft just above the handle is bent at a 45 degree angle.

Notified UPS and left it for them to pick up. Notified Oertel.

Will keep you posted on what happens next.

Darned shame, 'cuz it's beautiful.

Package arrived today from UPS looking like it had walked to my house from Germany before being used to pry open a vault.
Opened it up and the shaft just above the handle is bent at a 45 degree angle.

Notified UPS and left it for them to pick up. Notified Oertel.

Will keep you posted on what happens next.

Darned shame, 'cuz it's beautiful.

If only you'd bought the http://real-self-defense.com/unbreakable-umbrella/ it could have walked from Germany and pried open a vault.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If only you'd bought the http://real-self-defense.com/unbreakable-umbrella/ it could have walked from Germany and pried open a vault.

You know that thought went through my head as I opened the package.
This was some serious mishandling by UPS. The shaft is 3/8 inch solid steel where it's bent, so it took some major effort to bend it at that particular point.
The quality of the umbrella is quite nice and I believe I'll be happy with it once I get one that wasn't used to jack up a Volkswagen.

Having worked for UPS's competitors as a driver, loaded cargo myself, and been on both the shipping and receiving end with all the major FedEx/UPS/DHL sort of companies, that's far from the worst i've seen them do.

That umbrella got off light.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

I'd like to one-up the Bulgarian Secret Service, and get an umbrella that used a rifle as its shaft, and maybe using bullet-proof material for the rain cover. Now that's what I wan't when it's rainin' zombies.

Form follows function. They are popular here, especially with folks who use their umbrella while cycling.

Pity to hear about the bad luck with your Oertel! :(

My Filson arrived and it looks and feels top notch!

No bends or cracks despite the package being worked over by USPS. Very happy with the quality and it will go great with my Gokey duffle bag for traveling.

Top Bottom