What's new

PTFE BLADES

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
How many shaves are you guys getting from this blade? I had one in my shovel head and I lost count. The only reason I took it out was that it was taking longer to get a smooth shave.

I’ve extended the Kai Captain Mild Pink blade that I’m currently using to 11 shaves, and counting.
Pretty sure the OP is talking about GEM blades, rather than Artist Club blades, but you are correct that the Kai AC blade is also coated with PTFE.

I don't use Gem razors much anymore, but when I did I usually got about 10 or 12 good shaves from a blade. With the AC blades I get closer to 15.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Pretty sure the OP is talking about GEM blades, rather than Artist Club blades, but you are correct that the Kai AC blade is also coated with PTFE.

I don't use Gem razors much anymore, but when I did I usually got about 10 or 12 good shaves from a blade. With the AC blades I get closer to 15.
That's about right, 10-12 shave s with one blade. I stop counting after 7.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Head shaver. I get 5-6 shaves out of a Gem Personna PTFE; I get 8-9 shaves out of a Kai Pink in a safety razor, 6-8 shaves in a barber straight.

O.H.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gem PTFE 8-12 shaves so I toss at max 10 average, Feather AC pro 7-9 toss at 8 average, Kai protouch pink 6-8 toss at 7 average.
The most shaves with a Gem SS PTFE blade is 16 when testing yrs ago.

Top Bottom