What's new

Proud Dad

I just have to share this. Last night my 14 year old son came to me and said "I really hate to say this because I don't want to be like you who talks about how great his shaves are. But, I shaved with your open comb razor and it gave me the best shave I've ever had so far." The razor he used of mine was a Razorock Old Type head on an Ikon Bulldog handle. It doesn't matter that he is mowing down peach fuzz. What matters is that he is seeing how good shaving can be without having to experience decades of suffering with cartridge razors. I started him for the first couple of shaves with a cartridge just so he could get the hang of the act of shaving. Then I gave him a vintage Gillette Tech to use along with some GSB blades, a Razorcock Bruce handle brush, a couple lather bowls, some TOBS Almond shaving cream (his choice of scent) and some Thayers Lemon witch hazel. Looks like he's taken to it quite nicely.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Up to this point, he would typically roll his eyes and sigh deeply whenever I brought up the subject of shaving. The only affirmation I was getting before this was him asking me specific questions about how to do something while he is shaving.

Congrat's! Maybe a pic?

proxy.php

The joy of passing wisdom from one generation to the next is experienced when that wisdom is applied and appreciated.

You are experiencing that joy...well done.

Top Bottom