What's new

Proraso - what's the hype?

I’m a big fan of Proraso evergreen, but I can see why it’s not for everyone. I wasn’t a fan of the Red and the Blue has a black liquorice scent I couldn’t un-smell. Have you tried the Azur Lime? Very good.
Have not tried the Azur Lime. I liked the scent of the Red, but my wife's unusually strong negative reaction put an end to that one on the first try. Soaps and creams seem to be reproducing in my cabinet. Every time I open it, there is a growing stack. Guess I need to join the 3017 club and declare a moratorium - or maybe not. :)

Except that advertisement is not for shaving cream, it’s for the pre-shave.

View attachment 1687356

The advertisement in question (stated in the OP) was in reference to a short video clip on Proraso's website where a man applies the shaving cream on his face after rubbing it in his hands. Back then I didn't think it was exemplary of a quality cream.

That said, 'I've also come a long way'. 🍻

D

debladerunner365

I just started using Proraso White as I have very sensitive skin. I use all three of the Proraso White products (Pre-Shave, Soap and Balm). I have no issues bowl lathering and the soap creates a creamy, rich lather that leaves a terrific post-shave feel. I highly recommend this product.

I have only used red and green proraso but think its a great cream. makes a great lather, and leaves a great post shave feel and the price is really good.
I want to try the wood spice one day too

No hype, decent cream for a great price! It's not the best but it's good.
And one thing I will hand to Proraso, the Sandalwood in my opinion is the best smelling sandalwood.
I've tried several and Proraso smells the best to me.
I've only used the red Sandalwood croap (it was my first non canned cream) and it's fine.
Still use it every once in a while!
I've never tried the cream in a tube. I don't like any of the tubes in any brand.
Also, My daily aftershave is Proraso red Sandalwood!
I yet to find a better aftershave!
As for shaving soaps/creams I've settled on Arko and TOBS (Cedarwood & Mr. Taylor's).

This has been discussed in a couple of other places, but it is not widely known. Proraso has done away with all of the Single Blade shaving creams. The Single Blade is solely beard care, now. (At least that is what I understand from some of the local brick and mortars).

This has been discussed in a couple of other places, but it is not widely known. Proraso has done away with all of the Single Blade shaving creams. The Single Blade is solely beard care, now. (At least that is what I understand from some of the local brick and mortars).
I do know a place that still has some, but it is in SE Asia.

The scent was probably the only thing I liked about Proraso. Same technique, just different shave cream, same average results.

I had their White cream, very good for it’s price, also easy to lather as one would expect froma good cream.
I also like their aftershave balms. They are gold standard for me.

I've only used the, now sadly discontinued, Single Blade line and it is an excellent cream. Fantastic slickness for straight shaves, and the scent of Cypress & Vetyver is one of my favourites. As mentioned, it is also priced reasonably. I just stocked up on two more tubes, knowing that they will be disappearing from stores over the next while.

Not announced, as far as I can tell. There was some discussion about it in another thread, so I looked on the Proraso website and sure enough, it was gone. :(

What a pain. Chasing things I like that are being discontinued is starting to feel like a second job.

The shaving creams are gone. It is now all beard and mustache.
IMG_1888.png

Hmmm! Possibly a market demarcation then, rather than outright discontinuation? Hopeful...
Seems to me from what the Proraso USA site is saying is that the single blade creams are only available there. Just using the wood and spice in my previous post as an example

Seems to me from what the Proraso USA site is saying is that the single blade creams are only available there. Just using the wood and spice in my previous post as an example
How is the Wood and Spice?
Tried the Cypress and Vetyver this morning and really enjoyed it very much..pre shave, shave and post shave lotion.
It lingers for a few hours ever so faintly, very clean scent with great lubrication.
I don't know it's better than any of the other offerings, however, and would say if anything I get a slightly better shave with the sensitive version.
I really wanted the Azur Lime but the pre shave just does not come back in stock and I want the matching set(call me anal whatever but I'm like that with Proraso for some reason)

Top Bottom