What's new

Proraso Pre & Post shave cream

I agree with everything said here, Proraso products are some of the best shaving products available. I recently bought the 500ml pre/post, 500ml shave cream and the 400 ml splash, I like it that much :thumbup:

I have to agree with you: while I don't use the splash, I also buy the cream and pre in the 500 gm size!

Not long after I started DE shaving I went off the green preshave cream when I started getting dried out lips. I'm using it nearly every day now though. I think I used to put on too much! I love the smell.

This morning I changed my shave routine pretty drastically. Usually, I'm only a 5-6 day a week shaver where I rest on Sunday to let the face heal. This is because by the end of the week my face is usually a bit irritated no matter what I do (sensitive skin).

I decided to put on some pre/post right out of the shower and just let it sit while I warmed the scuttle, lathered up the cream etc. It was on by itself a good 4-5 minutes before I face lathered out of the bowl a bit and started shaving.

The end result was a perfect, BBS, irritation-free shave! :thumbup:

I'm constantly amazed at how good Proraso products really are. If asked to choose one soap/cream or aftershave for life...I wouldn't hesitate! My 400ml bottle of the aftershave is my most prized software!

I use the Green as a pre-shave and could not imagine being without it. Awesome stuff! I keep a jar in reserve at all times.

Well, I read this thread, and placed an order.

Please don't review too many products, Marco. Your passion is contagious.

Cheers.

PS. I just found your post on Valobra...and closed it before I could read it....cant afford it just now! lol

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Well, I read this thread, and placed an order.

Please don't review too many products, Marco. Your passion is contagious.

Cheers.

PS. I just found your post on Valobra...and closed it before I could read it....cant afford it just now! lol

Well, thank you very much.
But..., I'm sorry, yesterday I posted another review in the soap section!

I just ordered one of the white label jars. I also ordered a pot of the new Coates shaving cream and I'm feeling a little guilty for splashing out on both at once. I am worried that I may have wasted my very limited money... However there seems to be a lot of goodwill in this thread so maybe it will be good?

I have a thick beard and sensitive skin that dries out so I was hoping that this would be good as a pre and post for me.

Hi Marco.

After doing your first pass, do you apply more Proraso before each subsequent pass? Or just rely on the effects from the initial application?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hi Marco.

After doing your first pass, do you apply more Proraso before each subsequent pass? Or just rely on the effects from the initial application?

I apply Proraso only before lathering up on my first pass, it is enough for me. Anyhow you can reapply it before each subsequent pass, if you want. It is really up to you.

Cheers mate. You've got me curious now; I'll have to try using Proraso before Cella, although it's hard to imagine anything improving the shave from the almighty Cella.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Cheers mate. You've got me curious now; I'll have to try using Proraso before Cella, although it's hard to imagine anything improving the shave from the almighty Cella.

This is exactly what I think, too. Cella is so powerful and effective that no pre-shave treatment is needed. I have never used Proraso Pre & Post cream before Cella, P.160 or Valobra.

This is exactly what I think, too. Cella is so powerful and effective that no pre-shave treatment is needed. I have never used Proraso Pre & Post cream before Cella, P.160 or Valobra.

That's because you can't improve on perfection, Marco!:001_smile

David

I'm think I'm very lucky. When I first got into DE shaving I read a thread here on the Proraso Pre/Post shave. I bought a jar with my original set of supplies and have used it virtually with every shave I've had since.
I think this had made a big difference in any learning curve I may have had and so I have had very few nicks and cuts or burn.

I just got a tub of this while on holiday in Italy. I bought it by mistake to be honest but gave it a try anyway. It is a brilliant pre-shave, made my shave so close and comfortable. And boy are Proraso products cheap in Italy!

Top Bottom