What's new

Proraso, pre/post & Liquid, whats diff?

So ive been looking at the Proraso shaving products and looking at grabbing the set for daily use. The question i have is are both the pre/post Cream and liquid cream aftershave seem to have the same use right? Just wondering if this is the case and if so, which do people preffer? ... or do i have it wrong do most people use both?

They are both different products that can be used the same way, sort of.

The pre/post is a pre-shave that is thicker than the liquid cream aftershave. The pre/post has a lot of menthol in it which makes it feel like you have a bag of ice on your face after you apply it. :wink: I only use it in the real hot months.

The ASB is totally different. It doesn't have the menthol kick of the pre/post but it is pretty soothing after a shave. A little goes a long way with both of these products.

Reviews:

Pre/Post
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1387

Liquid Cream ASB:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?ltr=P&t=1390

I would definitely recommend the liquid ASB...a great aftershave balm (similar, but better than, Nivea ASB, IMHO)...the pre/post is like a thick noxema-substance...smelles just like the green tube...very cooling/mentholated...but doesn't seem to do much for my shaves (whether I use it before or after). The liquid ASB smells GREAT (barbershop-type scent), moisturizes (but isn't oily feeling)...but it doesn't have the menthol kick that pre/post and the green tube have.

Again, short version, if you're looking for an afterhsave, get the liquid ASB.

well i think ill just suck it up and get them all lol... pre/post, liquid cream and now that ive been looking into it the splash as well. It will be cool to see how they all compare.

I am starting to see where AD's come from. sigh...

I use the Proraso ASB almost exclusively. It has a fragrance that reminds me of an old-style barbershop, and the combination of the witch hazel and cream has a great healing and soothing effect on my skin. My face is much softer than it was 3-4 months ago when I started using it.

Two very different products.

The ASB (crema liquida) is an outstanding after shave. Nice scent, soothing, but doesn't cool. This is my favorite ASB

The Pre/Post, as the name implies, can be used as a pre shave as it softens the beard. It also works well as an after shave. I mostly use it those times when I get a rough shave or razor burn. In my experience nothing works better on razor burn as the Pre/Post. It's very cooling, moisturizing and has the consistency of Noxcema in a tub. It also has a strong menthol/eucalyptus smell.

Top Bottom