What's new

Proraso Green, tub versus tube

Proraso in the tubs is soft soap, Proraso in the tubes is cream
They've both got similar characteristics, but different textures
I find that the cream has a stronger scent
I prefer the overall performance of the tube for bowl lathering, but I like the convenience of the tub for face lathering when pressed for time

Same ingredients, different thickness. And the blue looks like it's cream only.

It all depends on preference. I like the creams in tubes. I've got green, red, and have tried blue.

essentially same product.
different container and density.
i've tended to slightly favor the tub, just to build bigger lather.
but both are great.

$proraso green simpson jubilee zowada pino silvestre october 20 2016.jpg

$proraso green henckels stainless steel simpson keyhole amouage jubilee march 31 2016.jpg

Like the others are saying: same product by a different consistency. IMO, the tube is easier to use because it seems to be easier to lather and less sensitive to how much water you use.
Having said that, I personally prefer the tub. I seem to get richer lather with it.

Thanks guys. I read somewhere that the Tub was just age longer but was the same otherwise.

I have a tube of it coming.

I like to load my brush heavily with the soap, and then add some cream and build a super lather in a lathering bowl. A great experience with the green during the summer months. I think I'll do this with the red Proraso tomorrow! :thumbup1:

I've used the tubs for a few years and just bought a tube this time around. I seem to get the same consistently good lather no matter which method I use.....love 'em both. I think I'll continue to use the tub at home and the tube when I travel....it just seems a little more convenient.

Same prodcut they work pretty much the same.
Cream is easier to lather, obviously because it's softer. However I still prefer the tub.

I bought the soap, the green and red ones, didnt seem that great overall. For whatever reason, the cream for me is superior, and glad i decided to revisit this product, it is thirsty.

Use a boar brush when lathering the tub. Makes your life easier.

I find both perform the same.

Slight edge to the cream for the scent, as others have mentioned here.

Have used several tubes and tubs of Proraso products; I think I slightly prefer the creams in tubes, but all are very nice.

Why put them in opposition? Instead of pitting the tub against the tube, try to embrace both tub and tube. Then harmony will reign.

Top Bottom