What's new

Proraso Green, tub versus tube

Have green tub, white tube. Between those 2, the cream seems to leave more conditioning elements on my face. Almost like a balm. May be apples to oranges in
My case.

Got the green and red tub aswell as the green and white tube. Both works well, but i prefer the tube because it's easier for me to see how much product i use.

Cream or soft soap lather the same and believe me, I had and have problems lathering some soaps. My technique is amateur.

Green soap=monsterlather for me. Quite impressive. Not the best soap but decent.

Here's a real treat ----- create a "super lather" by loading a good boar brush with the green tub soap, then squeeze some green tube cream into the bristles and whip it all together in a bowl. This makes a wonderful lather for a super smooth shave. Enjoy !

I prefer the tube ... it requires less time and effort to whip up a great lather, and the shave is practically foolproof.

I’ve had both, to me the tube is a better product. Seems slicker to me. Plus I feel I have better control over the amount used with the tube. Both are great products for the dollar spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The product is the same for both packages. I have both. The tub encourages you to use a ton of product. The tube regulates the amount for better control.

My uberlather is Pacific Shaving Cream ,Caffeinated and Proraso Green. Hard to beat the quality of this combination.

MM879

It is not easy to load with a bigger brush from the tub. It should be more wide imo.

I like the metal tubes and it is true that are slicker, I don't know why.

I use the pre shave red, red cream and red lotion. Amazing smell and performance to me. To me the red line goes first and the green is the second. I don't care about the white.

It is not easy to load with a bigger brush from the tub. It should be more wide imo.

I like the metal tubes and it is true that are slicker, I don't know why.

I use the pre shave red, red cream and red lotion. Amazing smell and performance to me. To me the red line goes first and the green is the second. I don't care about the white.

The tubes have a chelating agent (I forget what, it's been a while since I looked it up), which softens water. This might be the reason.

The product is essentially the same, but 1) The tub can be trickier with water, while the tube helps you a lot to make the correct lather, 2) the tub lasts longer for me, 3) the tube, if squeezed with force, can have tiny holes at the sides where its crushed. I find that annoying. I use both. If i had to choose, the tub. It allows you to take a sniff when you go to the bathroom. :001_tongu

The product is essentially the same, but 1) The tub can be trickier with water, while the tube helps you a lot to make the correct lather, 2) the tub lasts longer for me, 3) the tube, if squeezed with force, can have tiny holes at the sides where its crushed. I find that annoying. I use both. If i had to choose, the tub. It allows you to take a sniff when you go to the bathroom. :001_tongu

So true. The lather from the tub is different from the tube.
And a...4) The diameter of the tub is quite small and you cannot put a medium size knot to get good amount of product and becomes messy.

So true. The lather from the tub is different from the tube.
And a...4) The diameter of the tub is quite small and you cannot put a medium size knot to get good amount of product and becomes messy.

Yes, i agree it can be problematic. Which is one more reason i dislike brushes over 24mm. I even thought about buying 24mm Yaqi silvertip, but i have seen it in full bloom and it's enormous. It will be a mess to load and i have seen it covers your face from jaw to ear. Not my idea for face lathering brush. Consider that the Proraso tub, is designed with, well, the Proraso brush in mind, which doesn't bloom much and being a stiff boar, loads easily.

Yes, i agree it can be problematic. Which is one more reason i dislike brushes over 24mm. I even thought about buying 24mm Yaqi silvertip, but i have seen it in full bloom and it's enormous. It will be a mess to load and i have seen it covers your face from jaw to ear. Not my idea for face lathering brush. Consider that the Proraso tub, is designed with, well, the Proraso brush in mind, which doesn't bloom much and being a stiff boar, loads easily.

What can I say, I have the Yaqi Synthetic 30mm monster and the bloom is enormous! But holds great amount of lather.

The Proraso Green is good stuff, gets the job done. Smells nice, I have all the tubs. (The Italian flag) . And Green & Red cream along with the red preshave.

For some reason I prefer Proraso soap bowls. Nothing wrong with the tubes, but I think building the lather in the tub is more effective for me.

What can I say, I have the Yaqi Synthetic 30mm monster and the bloom is enormous! But holds great amount of lather.

The Proraso Green is good stuff, gets the job done. Smells nice, I have all the tubs. (The Italian flag) . And Green & Red cream along with the red preshave.

The Yaqi synthetics aren't even that bad, because they don't lose their shape easily. But the silvertips are humongous. I have remained with 22-24mm for Yaqis, both synthetics and 2band. And sometimes i still think they are too big! Every now and then i want a mysterious space silvertip. Then i go again to youtube and watch the huge bloom and...i manage to forget about it for a while. :a48:

The Yaqi synthetics aren't even that bad, because they don't lose their shape easily. But the silvertips are humongous. I have remained with 22-24mm for Yaqis, both synthetics and 2band. And sometimes i still think they are too big! Every now and then i want a mysterious space silvertip. Then i go again to youtube and watch the huge bloom and...i manage to forget about it for a while. :a48:

I agree. Good knot has the Semogue SOC 2band. Expensive but it is a great brush. Medium size knot!

Top Bottom