What's new

Proraso After Shave Lotion

I live in Ireland and thankfully there is a lot of Turkish barbers here with brushes and creams displayed in their windows, most supermarkets sell 'shaving crap' which translates to Canned Goo and Multi-Blade Carts, good shaving stuff is hard to get. Only for the excellent online store, Shaving.ie there would be nothing at all, only for the odd brush and soap in a pharmacy as well as the classic Tabac.
Well, imagine my surprise last Saturday when my daughter spotted Proraso in a barbers in a shopping mall. My jaw dropped in disbelief as I saw the 'Green range' in the window! I immediately grabbed the After Shave Lotion and a tub of Pre/Post Shave. All I can say is happy days are here again and the fact that Proraso is being sold 15 miles away from where I live is a mini-miracle!

Proraso After Shave Lotion First Impression
I must admit I do not put after shave on my face even though I do not have sensitive skin. I normally use Nivea Balm as it has a nice soothing effect and it is superb.
I decided to splash on the Proraso after my Sunday morning shave and I was pleasantly surprised by the cooling effect and lovely scent. The scent does not last very long
but it gives you a nice little kick and tones the skin pretty well and does not burn. I like this stuff and now I would like to try the milky balms they make.
Overall it's a nice little after shave that makes one feel positively heroic in the morning!
$IMG_2839.jpg

Proraso Pre/Shave
As for the Pre/Post, I've had it before and it's very nice in the morning, smells like the history of good shaving
but I'm halfway through a tub of 3P which I absolutely love, so I'll be stashing this little sucker!
$IMG_2843.jpg

Also from Ireland - good find (the bricks and mortar Proraso source).

I can highly recommend the balms. I really like the Aloe & Vitamine E one. My Dad has very sensitive skin and would never use an aftershave splash but I got him that for a gift and he finds it very good.

I barely tried this last night. I REALLY loved the way it smelled and felt.

Proraso truly makes fantastic products at an affordable price.

Another Irish person here, and another Proraso lover. Can you advise where you found the Proraso for sale OP - I would be very interested in finding other than online.

Hi Al, how much is the aftershave going for at your local?

One of my locals also sells it but the price is jacked up to around 18 euro if I remember right, and for that price you may as well just order 2 from shaving.ie. Knights barbershop in Stephen's green also have a great selection of top quality shaving products including proraso, they mark up the price a few euro on shaving.ie's prices but when you factor in postage it works out the same.

If you're going to try any Proraso balms I'd suggest the green tea and oat one, it works great as a follow up the splash.

Another Irish person here, and another Proraso lover. Can you advise where you found the Proraso for sale OP - I would be very interested in finding other than online.

shaving.ie. sell the Proraso range at a good price and are based in Dublin.

Top Bottom