What's new

POST YOUR WASH ROUTINE/PRODUCTS!

I am starting this thread as I don’t think the importance of a shower/wash, especially pre shave can be understated. If and what you wash your face with before a shave is directly linked to the quality of said shave, so a bit like shave of the day where people share what they use, let’s discuss what we all wash with and what our opinions of each product are. Never know, might learn something interesting!

What’s your daily wash routine, what products do you use and if there’s any specifics/extras you incorporate to a wash before a shave then what are they?

I’ll go first:

General Soap/Shower Gel: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Original Bar Soap
Shampoo: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shampoo
Specific Face Washes: Clearasil Rapid Action Scrub

I prefer a hot shower, I start with whatever shampoo is closest but currently trying Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shampoo. I then wash all over from face down with a nice bar soap, been through Wrights Coal Tar, Dove Beauty Cream Bar and now using Mitchell’s Wool Fat Original Soap.

That’s my every day routine, and I shower once in the morning, and usually in the evening after work. I am washing twice a day to try and help clear up my spot prone skin somewhat and it’s working a treat.

Every other day, I will use Clearasil rapid action scrub which exfoliates real good.

I will always shave immediately after a shower and this is usually every 2 days, so 3 or 4 times a week. The only pre shave product I use is proraso green cream which goes on whilst I make up my lather.

Interesting timing on this post, as I've recently switched things up in my routine.

For years I've used Liquid Neutrogena as my morning and night face wash, however on shave days I switched to either Nivea or Neutrogena Men's Face Wash in the tubes. There's some menthol in there that I can definitely feel, and like that little bit of kick.

Recently I experimented and started using the Liquid Neutrogena for my pre-shave wash, and I've noticed a difference. It's packed with glycerin, and this seems to slicken my face more and it boosts the performance of my shave soaps & creams (I'm also improving my lathering techniques, so that helps). While it's not designed specifically for men, I think I'm going to stick with it, since I have it anyway for my evening face wash.

In the past, I've also used Nivea or Neutrogena Men's Face Scrub, which helps to exfoliate the face & whiskers.

I rarely shower before my shave, so my face wash is my routine. Occasionally I'll add in a hot towel for one minute before washing.

Today's SOTD:
SOTD 3 3 20.jpeg

In shower:
rinse head-toe
Shampoo hair/body
-Face wash (mon-sat)
-Face scrub (wed/sat)
-Face mask (sun)
Rinse off shampoo
Rinse off face ___
Brush teeth

Outside shower:
-Face moisturizer (after any shave)

Im using Kiehls face fuel products with a foreo face brush and an African black soap mud mask in my routine. Recently my gf told me kiehls animal tests so I’m wanting to try the newer “jack blacks” facial products.

Been on a dove kick lately since it’s readily available.

Hair- 2 in 1 Fresh and clean
Body- Dove bar soap or body wash with lather thingy
Face- Bulldog face wash or scrub depending on my needs.

Towel off

Face: Bulldog moisturizer
Hair: Suavecito

I’m pretty boring.

Great thread, surprised that its had so few responses! I have a pretty OCD skin care routine, so this is quite a long list!

I shower every morning but products vary:

Shampoo: Shampoo every three days, currently with Alpecin Caffeine shampoo but looking to switch
Conditioner: Used every day, Baxter of California
Body Wash: No fixed one but I like Molton Brown and L'occitane scents, currently using up a Ted Baker one I got in a gift set.
Body Scrub: Twice a week, usually a Baxter of California exfoliating bar
Face: Most days its Clinique for men Charcoal Face wash unless I use a scrub,
Face Scrub: Twice a week, Clinique for men scrub or Jack Black face buff (always on a Monday and Friday which are shaving days for me)

Before shaving I also use Clinique for men exfoliating tonic and then a pre-shave oil.

After shaving and at night before bed, the other "non-shaving" products I use are:

Face Serum: Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
Eye Serum: Clarins for men anti-fatigue eye serum
Face moisturiser: Day time its Jack Black Double Duty and evenings its Kiehls Age Defender
Eye Cream: Clinique for men anti-aging eye cream

On the weekend, I try and use a face mask (currently I have a Hungarian Thermal Water Mineral-Rich Atomic Heat Mask, a Woodys for men charcoal peel off and a Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask)

I’ll go first:

General Soap/Shower Gel: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Original Bar Soap
Shampoo: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shampoo
Specific Face Washes: Clearasil Rapid Action Scrub

I prefer a hot shower, I start with whatever shampoo is closest but currently trying Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shampoo. I then wash all over from face down with a nice bar soap, been through Wrights Coal Tar, Dove Beauty Cream Bar and now using Mitchell’s Wool Fat Original Soap.

That’s my every day routine, and I shower once in the morning, and usually in the evening after work. I am washing twice a day to try and help clear up my spot prone skin somewhat and it’s working a treat.

Every other day, I will use Clearasil rapid action scrub which exfoliates real good.

I will always shave immediately after a shower and this is usually every 2 days, so 3 or 4 times a week. The only pre shave product I use is proraso green cream which goes on whilst I make up my lather.

If you are trying to clear up spot prone skin, I would suggest trying a face wash on the days you aren't using the scrub and not using a body wash on your face. The clinique for men tonic I use (before shaves and at night) has helped clear up my skin so is also worth a shot (it comes in normal and oil control).

Top Bottom